Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you really "just toss" all those old favorite Tapes and CDs?

I still have a stereo w/ the various components and I listen to CD's almost daily.  I hate that cars are no longer putting in CD players.....laptops too although I use an external CD drive to rip CD's to my work laptop.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@kittykatkay  NIFTY!  Do they even still make Cassette RECORDERS?  Or blank cassettes?  That's a selling point for me!

For the newer generation...

If you have some old music cassettes  that you don't want to listen to anymore,  Tape over the little divots on the back edge and you can re-record over whats on there.

They come blank with nubs over those divots.  If you want to save what you recorded you pop out those nubs. 

@candys mine , I just checked and Amazon and even Walmart (order on line) has them.  Just type in cassette tapes.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who is guardian to a man in a group home for special needs adults. I gave all my DVDs, CDs, tapes to her to deliver. She told me they loved getting them.

Honored Contributor

I did, my cd player in my old 24 yr.old car ,died.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Looking forward to listening to my Christmas CD's next month. Peaceful, calm experience with a Christmas scented candle burning.

Honored Contributor

No - mine are all indexed and packed away.  I have hundreds of CDs, and also  hundreds of cassettes dating back to pre-CD days.

My music these days is on Amazon Music Unlimited on my computer and my phone.

I did get rid of all my DVDs .... I put them in our recycle room - someone else is now enjoying them.