Honored Contributor

Re: Do you really like office-type of things?

For me a lot of 'office type things' involve paper and since most of my paper stuff is now put on my computer, I have no use for those kind of things anymore. Paper clips, stapler, pens and pencils...I hardly ever use those these days.

Honored Contributor

I am a pen snob; gotta have the refillable ones I like, from Staples.  

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  ... YES !! 

i have always been a collector of pens, paper and notebooks. 

a few years ago i was looking online for a calendar.  a calendar. !!   really. 

and then i fell down into the planner rabbithole.  it has become quite a hobby for me.  so far, i've kept my obsession to a journal type planner (hobonichi cousin) and a carry around weekly/monthly calendar (hobonichi weeks), but 

along with those, i had to amass a collection of all kinds of new and interesting pens (fountain, gel, hybrid, etc), and colored pencils, markers and a

small set of watercolors. in addition, i've got gobs of stickers and washi tape.

yes, i have a laminator and also a hp sprocket to print photos to include in my journaling.

i should really stop this LOL.  but it's nice to know i am not alone!  i watch youtube videos all the time about planner set-ups and flip-throughs.  crazy! 

Honored Contributor

Ummm OK, you asked....I love, love sticky notes.  I have so many kinds, sizes, you name it of sticky notes....

Did someone say scissors?  I also love scissors.  They are in piles everywhere...Pens....got lots of them too.  Way, way beyond normal.

I go overboard on everything...Once I like something...well, I'll wrap this up by saying, "You are not alone".  

Esteemed Contributor

It isn't because I love office supplies, I have them out of necessity.  Paper clips, stapler, staple remover, sticky notes, ruler, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, and the list goes on and on.  Oh, and the file cabinet, absolutely.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Having been in the classroom for 35 years, these things were my tools of the trade...I still use them the same way as always
Esteemed Contributor

I was a stenographer/secretary for many years - so, yes, those things get me excited. I now wonder how I lived without those sticky notes. I have one of those carts on wheels in my bedroom where I keep files that I still need. In my garage, is another cart with "old" files. Everything is in file folders in a pendaflex -- very neat and organized. Whatever I need, I could find in a New York Minute. And - I have a file named "DOG."

Honored Contributor

Yes.  Especially tape. Scotch tape, duct tape, painting tape. lol

Honored Contributor

Note pads and pens.

Valued Contributor

You know what I like...having a desk with writing tools and office supplies conveniently organized and displayed. A drawer full of assorted stationary. A drawer with an address book, return labels and stamp dispenser. A cup with pens and sharpened pencils. A letter holder for incoming mail that needs to be attended to. A notepad to jot down things when I'm on the phone. And a special holder for my reading glasses. I realize this is the digital age in which we're not supposed to need such things, but I enjoy sitting down at my desk every day, picking up a pen and attending to things that need to be done, whether it's paying bills, writing thank-you notes or returning phone calls.