Valued Contributor

Re: Do you really like office-type of things?

I guess I hit the jackpot - when my office closed and I was told to work from home, I got to bring lots of office supplies home with me. It's almost too much stuff now that I'm retired.  I love labels for envelopes and packages, plastic sleeves for recipes I print out and the pens! 

Honored Contributor

if you like EXPENSIVE office stuff i highly recommend the website LEVENGER. they have some beautiful and practical items.

that would be a good think for qvc to get into maybe......higher end office/den needs. dont think there has ever been a show like that before.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal    YES! I love office supplies!.  I have a hobby where I use lots of stamps, envelopes etc.... stickers, tape, paperclips and rubberbands... love them! Also pens... sharpie especially... but also highlighter pens.   LOVE LOVE LOVE   to shop for this stuff either instore or online.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if you like EXPENSIVE office stuff i highly recommend the website LEVENGER. they have some beautiful and practical items.

that would be a good think for qvc to get into maybe......higher end office/den needs. dont think there has ever been a show like that before.

@sunshine45  I bought a soft leather key case for my car and house keys from them about 30 years ago. I have been using it all this time. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I love browsing through the aisles of office supply stores. And when it is school time, I get so excited buying all the supplies on my son's school supply list! I also enjoy browsing through (and buying from) websites and print catalogues of companies, such as the aforementioned Levenger.

So funny - I thought I was the only person into school and office supplies! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I do.  I love all sorts of papers and folders and charts and pens and colored pens and so on and so on. I think I have more of all sorts of office material than I'll ever use.  I even have two wall calendars hanging in my kitchen, one for just gorgeous images (this year it's sailing) and the other is my perennial Farmer's Almanac Gardening calendar on which I write and put some of those same stickers you mentioned, @qualitygal 

I like going to stationery stores.  I like hardware stores, too!  Woman Wink

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Love smooth writting pens, large colored paperclips for my calendar which lets me see everything at a glance.

I NEED sticky notes for DH!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

my love for office supplies started with my school pencil box...my favorite was one that had a drawer!!  anyone else remember pencil boxes?!

Trusted Contributor

I still have and use an old single hole paper punch.

Esteemed Contributor

I love those things too - except I call them "school supplies".  I always loved to go school supply shopping with my kids.  And who invented paper clips?  How handy are they?  I prefer the big ones to the small ones, and not color coated either.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead