Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you really care . . .

@q-girl wrote:

. . . if a product that is being presented is an “Oprah’s Favorite Thing” ?  That means absolutely nothing to me when I’m deciding on making a purchase. If I like a product, or if I believe the person I buying it for will enjoy it, I don’t really care if Oprah, or any other celebrity likes it or not. 

How about you?

Hugs . . .     Beth

@q-girl

Absolutely not!

I will never "buy into" the cult goddess groups, to which a number of my friends in San Diego belong.  Everything is always, "Oprah this...Oprah that."  These ladies have stopped thinking for themselves - I swear!

Honored Contributor

Since I don't personally know any celebrities, I haven't judged whether or not I like them.  If I do not like their public persona or comments, I will judge the endorsed product on its merits, not the celebrity's.  The celebrity may have taken payment for the endorsement and have no personal experience with the item.  

Respected Contributor

I don't buy a product because Rush recommends it, either.  I use my own judgment.

Regular Contributor

I don't spend my money because of what anybody says about a product. I choose what I buy
It is only about the $$!!
Esteemed Contributor

I would tend to NOT buy it, if it is one of Oprah's favorites.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter

But the celebrity makes money on it.

For myself, I guess I consider it a sort of boycott against the celebrity, but I understand not everyone does, that's just me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I would tend to NOT buy it, if it is one of Oprah's favorites.

@Puppy Lips

Not only that, if it's on Oprah's Favorite List, I probably can't afford it, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

If I like something and want it, I buy it. It matters nothing to me who or if no one endorses it. I would never deny myself something in this type of situation.

Valued Contributor

I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BUY IT!!

Regular Contributor

Did Lisa Rinna really say that. lol 😊😊😊😊😊