Honored Contributor

Re: Do you really care . . .

I don’t read / watch anything that would clue me into what Ophrah’s favorite things are / were, and I’m fine with that.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

I woukd NEVER buy anything that Opie endorses or any Martha Stewart products. Can't stand either of them.

Honored Contributor

Nope!

Valued Contributor

No. I never buy based on celebrity endorsements; has nothing to do with whether I like the celebrity.

Threads like this often turn into  just another excuse for some to voice their dislike for someone they don't know.

Calling her "Opie" is stupid and juvenile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think I've ever seen her favorite things list. 

I'm aware that she chose one of those perfumes sold on QVC because the vendor and host would repeat it.  I can't remember the name of the perfume, but I tried it and it reminded me of Avon's Sweet Honesty, so not for me.

I guess the OP is about QVC putting up a banner saying that the product they are selling is one of Oprah's favorite things.  

Oprah IS *out there*, you don't have to know her personally to know enough about her.  

Trusted Contributor

Highlands72-I agree with your comments.  Because QVC has restricted certain topics, posters can't vent the feelings that many allude to here.  I detect an undercurrent of dislike because of her political views in 2008 and 2018.  I would surmise that some railing against Oprah were supportive of Paula Deen. This discussion has served as a way to express that dislike under the guise of celebrity endorsements.   

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

No. I never buy based on celebrity endorsements; has nothing to do with whether I like the celebrity.

Threads like this often turn into  just another excuse for some to voice their dislike for someone they don't know.

Calling her "Opie" is stupid and juvenile.

Yes it is!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't really care. 

Today at the amazon site I saw that they are advertising her "favorite things"  with something at the top of their page...Oprah in all her glory, with a very flattering photo.  She really looks good.  Having seen film of her in GA recently, my first thought was, "How old is that photo?"

Keepin' it real.
Regular Contributor

I wish I had her money, not her list. But she did earn it!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

I don't care if people care and I don't care if people don't care.

Oprah cannot win for the lose with some people.  It didn't take long for another Oprah diss from the last one regarding Meghan and Harry's wedding.

I noticed that, too, @Cakers3.   I also think @Highlands72's and @Zernia Rose's posts are insightful.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova