Valued Contributor

Re: Do you really care . . .

Oprah is no longer relevant to me. Couldn’t care less.  

Esteemed Contributor

I buy on my own personal taste. Celebrity doesn’t sway me. Example I like Jennifer Aniston style in clothing so I wear the same but she wears a lot of brown and I like black better so I go for black. I think women are a lot smarter than we are given credit for. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I don't care if people care and I don't care if people don't care.

Oprah cannot win for the lose with some people.  It didn't take long for another Oprah diss from the last one regarding Meghan and Harry's wedding.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I have absolutely no interest in something.....just because Oprah endorses and/or recommends it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I would tend to NOT buy it, if it is one of Oprah's favorites.

LOL, I agree, I just commented on that "post" about her being admired, I certainly don't admire a woman who says hateful, disgustings things about certain people of the USA!

Honored Contributor

I guess because OW can afford anything her heart desires, people think she's an authority on products. Other than being a woman, Oprah is nothing like me and we certainly don't have the same taste in clothes,accessories, skin care, etc. I would never buy anything just on the recommendation of a celebrity.

Esteemed Contributor

@q-girl

I USED TO like Oprah!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I've never cared for Oprah, she just too soppy for me. No surprise she likes those Peace Love...things. If you like her taste than I think her list might be helpful.

Now Martha, I trust her recommendations and have been pleased with any of them that I've purchased, but she's the only one.

Super Contributor

@Marp wrote:

All other comments about celebrities aside, there is Sam Elliott's voice.  Ram, Coors, Firestone and so many more over the years. Do I buy because of him--no, but I do listen to the ads.

That voice. Oh, that voice. No, I don’t buy those products either, but if I could only buy that voice for my listening pleasure. .  . .

Hugs . . . Beth

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

So it is okay to buy from one celebrity,but not for another.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.