Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Do you really care . . .

So sorry, but I think she broke her own piggy bank
Too funny. Still laughing 😁😁
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if I care, but that doesn't mean I am not interested

I knew immediately with Martha's line, if she gambled putting her name on it, it was going to be good. She is a brand name, and has a lot to lose if her stuff was junk

I feel the same about Oprah. I don't think she would recommend junk. That  doesn't mean I am interested in buying everything, just that I feel the people that are sharing it ,are worthy of listening to, because  they have an opinion to share , they wouldn't bother with trash

Esteemed Contributor

All other comments about celebrities aside, there is Sam Elliott's voice.  Ram, Coors, Firestone and so many more over the years. Do I buy because of him--no, but I do listen to the ads.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read and respond to my post. I had the Q on while I was working around the house this morning and happened to look up at the presentation of the Peace Love World throw and saw a rather large banner showing that the throw was an Oprah 2018 Favorite Thing. I have heard a product referred to as an Oprah’s Favorite Thing many times, but this was the first time I’d seen the banner. 

I realize that celebrity endorsements are everywhere, and they do, at minimum, bring attention to a product. I was just curious to how much a celebrity, Oprah or anyone else, actually influenced your purchases. 

For me? Subliminally ? . . . .maybe.  But not consciously.  However, I find if I DO NOT LIKE a celebrity I may not even consider a product they endorse, until it is shoved down my throat. I do not care for Martha Stewart, but recently have purchased two of her branded products. Well, actually they were my husband’s decisions. (Her faux bois planter and her yard bags). The bags were made by SunJoe and are very nice. The planter is also nice. But I really had to get past the fact that it was Martha Stewart selling them. 

How do do you feel about products endorsed by celebrities you do not like?

Hugs . . . Beth

I don't like her either.  Not one bit.  So I won't even watch when she is on.  She may or may not sell something I want, does not matter.  I am not buying anything with her name on it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

No I don't care.  By being clasified as Oprah's Favorite Thing, I know it is more than I'm willing to spend.

Honored Contributor

No, means nothing to me.  I never bought into that Oprah worship thing.  

Super Contributor

I do not make a purchase based on a celebrity's endorsement...ever.  That said, I will admit that I did purchase the Vionic slippers shown as Oprah's Favorites on GMA this morning.  The purchase was made not because of her endorsement but in spite of it.  I love Vionics and need a new pair of slippers.  The price was right (50% off) for me.

Esteemed Contributor

No, Oprah's not one of my favorites.

Honored Contributor

It is fun,to see what it is ,i ordered two bracelets for granddaughters.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.