Honored Contributor

Okay , i guess they are doing what they can,thank god the people of the area have jumped right in to help.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest, posters keep showing you the facts, yet you keep saying the same thing. I don't understand that.

@suzyQ3:  I don't think you gave her the answer she wants to hear.  So, she keeps asking until she gets the right answer.

@Hoovermom@suzyQ3@goldensrbest

Exactly-it's a way of getting in a dig without actually posting a political remark.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where is the help from our goverment? Boats, helicopters.

@goldensrbest  You really need to pay attention to your news.  There a multiple posts here already about this issue. 

Please do not try to back door a political issue.

Not doing that.

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you realize

[ Edited ]

I am absolutely shocked that they are still rebuilding neighborhoods 12 years after Katrina!  I know nothing about what's involved in such a task, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised at all.  Somebody posted about the Katrina survivors that were relocated to Texas and are now caught up in this.  I feel bad for everyone, but this group must be especially traumatized.  I'm still hoping that the predicted amounts of rain don't pan out.  Let's remember that the strength of the hurricane fell short of the category 4 predicted.  Or am I wrong about that? 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest, posters keep showing you the facts, yet you keep saying the same thing. I don't understand that.

@suzyQ3:  I don't think you gave her the answer she wants to hear.  So, she keeps asking until she gets the right answer.

@Hoovermom@suzyQ3@goldensrbest

Exactly-it's a way of getting in a dig without actually posting a political remark.

My gosh that is not at all what i was saying ,sure are some judgemental people on here!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I was a First Responder to Katrina. Our group was relief for those who got there first. We were unpaid volunteers that took weeks from our jobs & lives to help others.

That said, I'm not understaning "there were no things in place"? The National Hurricane Center predicted this Cat 3 storm days in advance. You board up, pack up and evacuate via the marked hurricane routes.

Where is the government? The governor has called up every Guard unit in the state to assist. It's up to the governor to make a request to FEMA for assistance.

Thank you for that. I"m so sick of people going after the government, (golden retriever lady).  There was PLENTY of warning for this hurricane.  Stop relying on the government people and get out!!  I live in Hurricane country.  I know. 

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest, they are there, my cousin Sarah is in the National Guard. There are just too many people that need help. Even 911 isn't answering right away. 

Don't know why everything is underlined 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Trusted Contributor

One thing I heard from the mouths of the mayor in Houston and the governor were conflicting suggestions to the people in the path of the storm..... the mayor said "stay" and the governor said "evacuate"....

I would find that very confusing.... 

Myself.... I would have evacuated.... however, I understand why people stayed.... 

I remember hearing the stories from Katrina.... 

I am sure there will be many stories from this storm.

Valued Contributor

Yes, @game-on, the governor and the mayor had very different advice.  I've been thinking that I'd like to see a news story about it.  There's probably merit in both sets of advice, but many have pointed out that a mass evacuation of Houston would have been impossible and would have left many stranded in dangerous floods.  Obviously,  if the residents of the most hard-hit areas knew what was coming they would have left the minute they heard about the storm.  Hindsight is 20/20.  They need to streamline the permitting processes if possible so that Texas is not still rebuilding 12 years from now as some Katrina areas are.  I don't know anything about this, but if they can do it within three years or so, they should.