Valued Contributor

Re: Do you put bumper stickers on your vehicle?

never bumper stickers, but my husband put a small USMC decal on my rear window 😊

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Do you put bumper stickers on your car? I have a vinyl decal of my alma mater on mine. 

Nope.

Respected Contributor

It has been popular here, the last 10 years especially on trucks for some reason, to put a Memory of a Person who has died, especially a younger man. Maybe the friends?I do have a dog print magnet but never any sticker or decal that is permanent.

Respected Contributor

Never

Trusted Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Absolutely not, I dont like the stickers from the car lots.  Free advertizement for them.  I take it off if I can.

i thought my husband was the only one who didn't want stickers from car lots!  whenever we purchase a vehicle, the first thing he tells the salesman is "no sticker!"

My husband always replaced the license plate holder if it advertised the dealership with a plain holder.

I only have a AAA sticker on my car.

Those "Baby on Board" stickers are making a comeback in my area too.  I always thought they were silly.  The guy who invented them made a killing!

After those got popular, I began seeing "mother in law in trunk" instead. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

When I was a child, I didn't understand why my parents were so opposed to decals and bumper stickers.  To me they represented the places we'd been. 

As an adult, you could not pay me to place free advertisement anywhere on our cars.

*  Maybe some of the more mature NJ girls remember a place in N. Jersey called Wild West City.  They put bumper stickers on all cars in their lot.  My mother went nuts!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't put anything on my new car, but I have in the past put my alma mater crest in the back window, and pollitical strips. I don't put them on bumpers because they are too hard to get off. Right now, I'm not comfortable putting anything of political theme on my new car due to the political atmosphere in this nation. I don't want my car vandalized.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Live rural and down the long road to the main highway if you can call it that there is a van parked in a driveway that is 100% covered with stickers.  Everytime I see it I get a good chuckle. They really 'do it up.'

As for me one of my cars has my magnetic square dance symbols on it.  And I have a small American flag symbol in the corner of my back side window.  All counted... three.  However I do have a frame on my license plate in the back about square dancing. "Friendship Set To Music"

I  would not ever put a political symbol on my car even though our area is like minded. Perish the thought I would ever drive in a nearby or not so nearby city.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Spoiler
No, they are really hard to remove and we re-sell our vehicles once we are ready for something newer.