Honored Contributor

Re: Do you put bumper stickers on your vehicle?

@Mominohio wrote:

No.

I don't like to distract from a clean looking and nice car.

People are nuts today, and you will find someone who will disagree and feel they need to retaliate with just about anything you would say, no matter how kind and wonderful and happy. Even a sticker than said LOVE would somehow set someone off, and I don't need the aggravation.

It marks your vehicle much the way vanity plates do, and makes your car (and therefore you) stand out and draw attention. 

The stickers I hate most are on the mini vans of the stick figure families. Nothing like advertising how many kids you have, of which genders and how little they are. Stupid in this day and age.

@Mominohio    As I read what you wrote I thought about tattoos... They to me are the same thing as bumperstickers   on cars....... Tattoos are like bumper stickers all over your body... I find it not like body jewelry... but like advertising .... and it just never looks nice.  

I know tattoos are popular   now. And I may get flack for saying this but... I find tattoos tacky on everyone... young and old.    JUST MY OPINION.  

Respected Contributor

No I don't, never have.  Not saying I won't in the future, but wouldn't use a sticker, perhaps a easily removed decal in back window.   I say to each their own as long as it isn't vulgar.  I have seen some of those, mostly on trucks.

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

No.   People are too crazy.  I do not want to be attacked.

These days I'd not be afraid of being attacked but more afraid someone keying my car bc they disagree.  Been driving since the mid 60s and I never put/allowed one on my car.  

Honored Contributor

Mama June & Honey Boo Boo do

Respected Contributor

Never!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

Years ago, sure, now, no.

Just read a man rear ended a vehicle because it had a political message on it, people are crazy now.

ITA.     Same here.

I'd love to put some stickers on my car or yard signs on my lawn, but there's no way I'd risk my property (or myself) being attacked.  

And that's a very sad and frightening commentary about the state of civility in our country.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I have a colleague at work, not a pal but evidently a very nice guy, who has an ancient car covered with stickers.  They are not controversial.  "I brake for snacks!"  "Yosemite National Park"  "Smile!"  It's like time travel back to the 1980s.  Speaking of which, "Baby on Board" decals are making a comeback in my town.

Me?  Not my thing. 

Trusted Contributor

@MarieIG  My husband is retired military, served in 2 branches, the Marines and army 82nd airborne.

Honored Contributor

@Lion wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Years ago, sure, now, no.

Just read a man rear ended a vehicle because it had a political message on it, people are crazy now.

ITA.     Same here.

I'd love to put some stickers on my car or yard signs on my lawn, but there's no way I'd risk my property (or myself) being attacked.  

And that's a very sad and frightening commentary about the state of civility in our country.

@Lion, no bumper stickers here. But at the appropriate time, we do put up a sign in front of our house and also hang a banner from our balcony.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I’ve done window stickers (radio station, Vietnam memorial), currently have a paw print magnet on the car...never a bumper sticker. 

People are crazy. 

Keepin' it real.