Respected Contributor

Re: Do you put bumper stickers on your vehicle?

No way...a friend had their car keyed because of a window decal. The person who did it was caught and said so. Too many people have no restraint and will hurl insults or worse over bumper stickers.

Honored Contributor

no, i dont put bumper stickers or window decals.

they can affect the resale value of the car.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

No learned long ago bumper stickers mess up the car. I do like those magnets people put on their car for breast cancer etc, but I don't do it. And also people put those family decals on their windows with 2 adults, kids, even the pet. Id never do that if my kids were still young. Its advertising to weirdos you have kids and how many etc.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Yes. It’s very important for good people to speak up for what’s right and be visible about such. I can’t tell you what my magnetic sticker says in this post because it would be seen as political and deleted.

Trusted Contributor

No, I don’t want bumper stickers and things like that, on my car! 

George Carlin, did a hilarious routine about those family decals 🤪

Oh George, the material you could mine, today!

Trusted Contributor

absolutely no. They cheapen the look of your vehicle

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse  When Nebraska had such an awesome football team, I gladly had my alma mater displayed in the back window. On my current vehicle, I haven't bothered. Hopefully, this fall our GO BIG RED will return to their former glory and I'll proudly put something on my car. Perhaps a red "N" on the back window. (Wishful thinking. Smiley Happy

Most vehicles in Lincoln, Omaha and Nebraska (as well as throughout this part of the country) have some kind of UNL or UNO or Nebraska decal on their vehicles. We're football crazy here, even in our loosing years. On football Saturday's, vehicles are sporting red banners, flags and so much more! Red is the only color of the day for apparel. Lincoln is a crazy place with tail-gating everywhere. Lots of pride to be Cornhuskers from Nebraska.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

My husband put a decal on our cars: PROUD PARENT OF A MARINE. There are more important things to me than the resale value of my car.
Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

Heck yeah.  My truck is 12 years old.  Nothing controversial.  Just adds to the patina.  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

No.  See statements above.