Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you personally know someone who tested positive for covid 19?

No. I don't even have friends who know someone who tested positive. I heard an odd thing a few days concerning deaths reported from Covid-19.  Someone from the CDC admitted that people brought into the hospital from car accidents, gunshots, you name it....if they died from their injuries, but, tested positive for the virus, their cause of death was listed as Covid-19 related. Even those in Hospice with a short time to live. If they tested positive, their eventual death would be listed as Covid-19. How ridiculous is that? Of course, these days, you can't believe half of what you hear.   

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

@on the bay

I simply stated the truth.  I know no one that has or had this virus.  My sister is the director of nursing at a nursing home in my city.  My daughter and two nieces are nurses at the largest hospital in my city.  I myself, picked up my two grands from school every day until the March stay at home order.  

None of us, or any one else I know, including my close friend, a flight attendant, actively flying until the planes closed down, have or had the virus.

This is not my attitude, but the facts.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A client of mine, who was in his 90's, died from covid-19.   He had been admitted into the hospital for a non-covid 19 illness.   Once he had recovered he was too weak to be sent directly back home.  So upon his discharge he was sent to a Nursing home where he got the virus and died.  So sad.   He was such a wonderful and sharp man.   Despite his age he was still getting around with the use of a walker.   We had many interesting conversations whenever he came to my office.   He will be missed.  

Also, a cousin's daughter and son-in-law tested positive but they are both fine.    

Honored Contributor

We know someone who had pneumonia and lung problems in December, then again in early January.  

It's been said / rumored / whatever out there in the news that some of the folks who had these types of problems early on possibly had this virus.

Not much was known during the very early months of this pandemic. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. All recovered but it was tough.

If you're told to socially distance, do it.

If you're told to wear a mask, wear it.

Please obey the rules so we can finally get past this nightmare.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

No.  My hospital system in Okla City spent 24 million dollars to prepare a specific satellite hospital strictly for covid patients.  NOT ONE has been treated to date.

Valued Contributor

Yes. Several.Ages ranging from 22-73. Including my DIL 's brother .

Two have passed.

Two weeks ago my friend went to cardiologist, had a cough, covid! She has been very sick . One trip to hospital for breathing but sent home. Has lost 12 lbs but seems to slowly getting better. Her daughter then tested negative, than positive. Retested, positive. No symptoms! She is quarantined.

Occasional Contributor

I know at least a dozen people who have tested positive for COVID.  Also know people who have had family members die of this.  Since everything has started opening around here the numbers are climbing.  I'm tired of this, miss seeing family.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

Personally I don't know anyone that has tested positive.  I was just wondering how many people know someone who has.  It is so scary especially now in Florida....my husband thinks wearing a mask is total protection but I told him it was not and to just stay home as much as possible.  

Wearing a mask is not total protection. Even healthcare workers with genuine N95 masks and fully covered with the best PPE can get the virus. Wearing masks helps stop the spread of saliva which carries the virus. If a person is sick it can contain a great deal of saliva, keeping the saliva with pathogens enclosed. If all parties are masked, even better. Masks are not foolproof. Viral particles can still get in, especially through lesser quality masks, through masks that are not close to the face or are ill fitting, through the sides of masks, on your hands after touching a contaminated surface and then touching the mouth, eyes or the nose nose, possible through the eyes, but this mode of transmission is still not clear, possibly from spray during toilet flushing, again not exactly clear on this mode of transmission.

Honored Contributor

I’m in Florida. As of last week, I know one person with COVID-19. A co-worker in his 40s. It took almost two weeks to get the results. 

He doesnt know anyone else who has tested positive for Covid-19 and has no idea where he got it.