Super Contributor

Do you pay your income taxes online?

I pay federal and state, California, quarterly taxes. Instead of handwriting checks I would rather pay online. I assume the best way to do that would be directly through the state and federal websites.  I will ask the person who does my taxes but I would also like the opinions of those of you who pay in this manner.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Do you pay your income taxes online?

Yes, I paid state and federal taxes online. There was a sheet attached to my return that gave that option, and it is the federal and state tax sites. 

Respected Contributor

@Flika13 For CA state taxes, we set up a payment account through the Franchise Tax Board Web Pay.  For Federal tax, we have one through EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Paying System).

Honored Contributor

no, go  in person. think they charge you a fee online

Honored Contributor

Absolutely pay on line!  We have for as long as it has been allowed.

Honored Contributor

Yes, for all 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Go in person?   I pay federal taxes, and state taxes in three different states.  

I pay no fees to pay online. 

Respected Contributor

Pay all federal taxes through EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System).  Pay all NH Interest and Dividends Taxes through the NH website.

Wouldn't do it any other way,

Respected Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

I pay federal and state, California, quarterly taxes. Instead of handwriting checks I would rather pay online. I assume the best way to do that would be directly through the state and federal websites.  I will ask the person who does my taxes but I would also like the opinions of those of you who pay in this manner.

@Flika13   I pay online using the Federal website.  No fee involved as I have them take the money directly out of my bank account.  There might be a fee if you use a credit card, I am not sure, but it will say so on their webpage.  

I am noticing more & more now that several companies (stores, medical doctors, etc) are passing on their service fee that THEY used to pay to the credit card company on to the customer.  To avoid that, you either have to pay in cash, check or debit card, it seems.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE go in person to pay both both Federal and state taxes?  I haven't had to pay either in awhile, but I think my Federal payment, if sent by check, used to go to Kentucky?  And state goes to downtown Atlanta.  I'll pay the fee.  Gas is $4 a gallon. I'm not driving to either. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?