Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you own this Keurig coffee maker?

@roeroe1005 wrote:

I have this one.  Got it on Q at a really good price.  

I don't want to curse myself, but I've been pretty lucky with Keurig.  Maybe because I don't follow the descale instructions?? 

I have had about 3 Keurig's & have never descaled any of them. I replaced the first two to upgrade & have passed them on to friends. I clean them my own way & they haven't failed me.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest  This has always worked for me.  Once the light goes off, you do take it out of descale mode and turn it back on. You have to have the machine turned off while you are doing this (which I didnt know in the beginning lol)  I'm sorry if you had ones that never came back on after doing those steps.  I have found that I had to run the brew cycles until the light goes off...but only UNTIL the light goes off, then press the 8 oz and 10 oz and turn it back on.  I've always had a Keurig and only had one fail me years ago after many years of use.  I've had 3.  They can be quirky machines that's for sure.  But I don't need a whole pot so it's been my coffee go-to for my caffine addiction.    

Valued Contributor

l had a single serve keurig , lasted a year , bought another one , also lasted a year . Then bought 2 single serve on a good sale ( one for a spare ) since they were only lasting a year . My husband took it over for hot chocolate so l decided to try the bigger one with the water tank . Again l bought 2 , on a good sale ! That was over 8 years ago !!  So l have a " spare" of each type sitting in the boxes brand new ! 

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@goldensrbest  This has always worked for me.  Once the light goes off, you do take it out of descale mode and turn it back on. You have to have the machine turned off while you are doing this (which I didnt know in the beginning lol)  I'm sorry if you had ones that never came back on after doing those steps.  I have found that I had to run the brew cycles until the light goes off...but only UNTIL the light goes off, then press the 8 oz and 10 oz and turn it back on.  I've always had a Keurig and only had one fail me years ago after many years of use.  I've had 3.  They can be quirky machines that's for sure.  But I don't need a whole pot so it's been my coffee go-to for my caffine addiction.    

Iam giving it a try, hope it works.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@northiie57 It worked!! Thank you,been dreading descaling it,this is my second one. 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I just bought a Keurig that looks like the one posted on Friday Afternoon at Costco.  Our other one broke sometime this past winter and I replaced it with the one that was in our RV.

I didn't replace it right away because the costs of Keurig's have really gone up.  No way will I pay over $100 for a Keurig coffee maker. This one was on sale for $100.

I hope this new one lasts.  I feel okay buying from Costco because they will take it back as a return even if it's been a few months.

C2CB819B-6F17-4538-AA3E-2763EE678C04.jpeg

Make sure to keep all of the parts that come with it if you want Costco to take it back.I had to go home and find the water filter and the pod for using your own coffee grounds.I never use those things and usually throw them away but for some lucky reason I didn't this time.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I just bought a Keurig that looks like the one posted on Friday Afternoon at Costco.  Our other one broke sometime this past winter and I replaced it with the one that was in our RV.

I didn't replace it right away because the costs of Keurig's have really gone up.  No way will I pay over $100 for a Keurig coffee maker. This one was on sale for $100.

I hope this new one lasts.  I feel okay buying from Costco because they will take it back as a return even if it's been a few months.

C2CB819B-6F17-4538-AA3E-2763EE678C04.jpeg

@Carmie :  I have this one from Costco and paid $99 when it went on sale.....love it and bought from them for their replacement guarantee.