Honored Contributor

Do you love your credit card's customer service?

I started a thread in the Fashion Foreign about a Black Friday snafu. I came home to a message on my (unlisted) home phone where the man rattled off my name, mailing address, and the last four digits of my credit card. Then he inquired if I had indeed purchased more than $1,400 in Ugg boots with expedited shipping set for an address other than mine. He was the vendor, and suggested that I call my credit card company if I had not made that purchase. They were waiting to process the transaction until I called to confirm it.

I immediately called my credit card company to report the fraud, but they had already authorized the purchase because the person knew my security code. They placed the order on Thanksgiving day. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I am disappointed that they didn't call about the three red flags (high dollar purchase, expedited shipping, shipping to another address). So now I have to file an affidavit to report the fraud, and as of one week ago the large transaction was still "pending".

I went to the gym and spoke to a woman in one of my classes who works at a local bank. She said she has a card through Barclay's, and they call her almost every other day to verify that she or her husband have actually made the online purchase/point of service transaction.

What are your credit card experiences? Does your company call you to validate purchases before they authorize them? Are you happy with their customer service?