Honored Contributor

Re: Do you look forward to certain things each season?

[ Edited ]

We only have one season here, so I would say what I used to look forward to back home was Spring and Fall.  Cool, but not too cold or hot...yet.  Just being outside to enjoy it is what I used to look forward to.  Now I do get a little bit cooler weather in the "winter", which I enjoy very much.  Too cold to jump in the ocean, but still wonderful to sit on the beach.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Any month the furnace isn't running non-stop is good.

Esteemed Contributor

I look forward to spring which is my favorite season.  I love to see everything turn green and bloom again.  The birds and other animals create their nests and life renews itself once again.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Any month the furnace isn't running non-stop is good.

Ours is any season the a/c isn't running 24/7.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I love to see California poppies bloom as they are now.
Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  One of the nicer things about Albuquerque is that we have four distinct seasons.

Winter:

The bugs and weeds hibernate.  Lots of Christmas decorations and music.  Snow on the Sandias.

25 Pictures That Prove New Mexico Has More To Offer Than Tumbleweeds And Dirt | New mexico ...

Spring:

The return of green.  The excitement of seeing that the plants in the yard have survived winter.  And, in May, the scent of Russian olive blossoms.

Removing All of the Olives…Russian Olives, That Is | KDNK

Summer:

Least favorite season but this year we might have some monsoons. (Thanks, El Niño!)

The Watermelon Mountains (Sandia Mtns) at sunset | New mexico albuquerque, New mexico homes, New ...

Fall:

Favorite season.  Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, birthdays, cooler weather, fall color, the scent of green chile roasting.

3 Bumble Bees @ 2015 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - Picture of Anderson-Abruzzo International ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I live on a lake and we have cypress trees which give a sense of the seasons. I like everything except summer...just not my thing. 

Honored Contributor

In summer, I look forward to no more summer. 🥵
Esteemed Contributor

Spring and summer are my favorite seasons. I feel so much better when I can be outside...even just sitting in shade and reading. Putting in my annuals and watching all the flowering shrubs and trees bloom. There are several must-see outdoor spots in Seattle area if you love flowering shrubs and trees. Heading up to Skagit County to see the tulips bloom.

Spending a summer month at the beach house is something I look forward to all year. It's a special time for our family and it recharges my spirit.

I do not enjoy November thru January...solely due to the dark gray and wet weather. I have to force myself to stay busy or I will fall into a horrible funk.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Spring, nice weather, fruit, daylight savings time. 

Summer, laid back time. I live in Florida so it is very hot, not much to look forward to except fall.

Fall, Cooler weather, end of hurricane season.

Winter, cool weather, the holidays, different types of food.