Honored Contributor

Re: Do you live in a picturesque setting?

We are lucky to live in the woods, in the winter it looks like a winter wonderland when it snows. Well, the woods and countryside is just beautiful all year really.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, we live in a country development with farms behind us and a nice view of the mountains. Also there are many good areas here to photograph trees during Fall. (I am in PA) However, I do not like snow other than an inch of a blanket of snow. I dread Winter coming. lol..I love Summer the most. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I love in the Midwest, 6 miles from Lake Michigan! It is beautiful in every season!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

We do.  The Atlantic Ocean is across the road.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, Seattle to me IS picturesque because of the mountains, lakes and bay that surround it. I live within the city limits but am in a cul de sac on a creek where there are lots of evergreen trees. I'd rather have a water/mountains view, but my budget won't stretch that far in the very expensive Seattle housing market. Where I live, though, even has wild animals: raccoons, coyotes, foxes, and once in a while a bear follows the creek from the mountains to the city.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Yes, we live in a country development with farms behind us and a nice view of the mountains. Also there are many good areas here to photograph trees during Fall. (I am in PA) However, I do not like snow other than an inch of a blanket of snow. I dread Winter coming. lol..I love Summer the most. 

I need to visit that state. i have ancestral connections there in Bedford County. I've never been to Pennsylvania in all the times I've been to the East Coast.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Yes, I live on a wooded hill in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY. My house is in the woods, 10-15 minutes from the downtown area of a small city, a university town. We are surrounded by lakes, gorges, and waterfalls. At this time of year, the colors of fall are simply stunning.

It's beautiful up there, my son lives in Ithaca and works for the University where he graduated from. I'll be there the week after Christmas.

@JaneMarple@, @Vivian Florimond, I agree.  I was in Lake Keuka a few years back in October.  We took a day and drove all over and it was fantastic. We rented a house right on the lake.  I could have lived there.  I loved it.  The area is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Such lovely descriptions of wonderfully beautiful areas......Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne

We have been in Seattle the past 10 days.  We enjoy everything about this lovely city.  Also, went to Metropolitan Market today.

What a great market.  Whenever we visit this neighborhood, I always expect to see Ron Reagan. 

On our way back to CA tomorrow, but will be back to Seattle soon.

Honored Contributor

I live in a senior apt. complex (3 bldgs.)  The ground are beautiful with lots of big trees, med. tree and small ones.  There are bushes and lush lawns that are well maintained.  When it snows it takes on a whole new look that is stunning.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength