Respected Contributor

Re: Do you live in a picturesque setting?

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Jacie wrote:
I  live on a beautiful lake where I can be amoungst the beauty of nature and enjoy the change of seasons. I have always been better by the water! 

@Jacie...I envy you!...My husband and I are planning on making a move within the next couple of years and it definitely has to be by the water....We both love the ocean and I am the same as you....I always feel so much more tranquil and refreshed when by the water....I joke with my husband and say....I won't be fussy....It can be by the ocean...a lake...a river...a brook...lol...I just want to be by the water! Woman Very Happy

@MyShadowLoveThere should be no envy! You will get to the water!  Since we live in MN it was either get a cabin up north and live in the metro or find a lake west of the metro and be there all the time. Every Friday my husband goes out on the deck and says "while everyone else is still traveling to their cabin, I'm already there!" I agree water is the best!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Yes I do, 365 days a year in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I do although I live in a large garden apt complex, we have trees and a lake across the street

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple  Where are you on the Cape?  We have a home there too.

Esteemed Contributor

It depends on your definition I guess....I see the NYC skyline....I'm a City person and I've seen NYC from the Jersey side most of my life and won't ever give it up or tire from it....after, 9/11, it was very tough but for that reason, the skyline is even more significant, to me as it symbolic of the USA....  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I live on a wooded hill in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY. My house is in the woods, 10-15 minutes from the downtown area of a small city, a university town. We are surrounded by lakes, gorges, and waterfalls. At this time of year, the colors of fall are simply stunning.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple  Where are you on the Cape?  We have a home there too.

Howdy neighbor, upper cape in N. Falmouth area. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Yes, I live on a wooded hill in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY. My house is in the woods, 10-15 minutes from the downtown area of a small city, a university town. We are surrounded by lakes, gorges, and waterfalls. At this time of year, the colors of fall are simply stunning.

It's beautiful up there, my son lives in Ithaca and works for the University where he graduated from. I'll be there the week after Christmas.

Honored Contributor

For me, it works!

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl  I know what you mean.  We live on beautiful wooded acreage that requires a lot of physical upkeep.  We try to keep up with the landscape maintenance between the two of us, but it gets more taxing as the years pass.