Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you live in a picturesque setting?

[ Edited ]

Yes, we do and we feel very lucky.  This is the first location for us that is just simply beautiful.

We will not retire in this state, but we are enjoying it for now.  Woman Happy

Beautiful red rock formations, evergreens everywhere, homes off in the distance through the trees.  Watch the sunset on the red rocks often.  Can't ask for anymore.

Almost forgot, wildlife wandering in and out too.

Honored Contributor

ID2 has already waxed poetic on the joys of rustic Michigan.  We also live in the woods on a lake, but our cabin is in the UP.  The only time I'm sorry is when we get lots of snow and the plow guy hasn't shown up yet. 

Honored Contributor

Yes.

I am a city girl at heart.  I live in an area of custom of homes of all sizes that are stair stepping down to a large lake.  We all have pretty small lots.  Across the street is a wild life preserve full of birds, ducks, herons, turtles, and a pair of eagles etc.  We are surrounded by large evergreen trees and trees with beautiful fall colors.  The downtown is built along the lake with art galleries, restaurants and always decorated appropriately for whatever holiday.  We are just across the lake from Seattle and only 20 minutes from a major mall with Nordstrom as the anchor.  Many choices in town for groceries (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Metropolitan Market plus the usual Safeway and Krogers).  It is usually not terribly hot in the summer or terribly cold in the winter but we do experience all four seasons. I feel very fortunate to have landed here.  

Honored Contributor

Yes. Many trees on our property and the whole area. Private backyard with all woods and trees on either side with no neighbors in sight. It's a mile into town and 10 minutes to the river where we go for dinner quite often. Especially in the summer to eat outside on the water.

About an hours drive to the beach and Atlantic Ocean and an hours drive in the opposite direction to the mountains, lakes and forests. 20 minute drive into Manhattan.

Have lived in the immediate area for forty years and have no plans to move.

Trusted Contributor

We live in southeastern Arizona, in the high desert @ 4600 feet.  We get a touch of all 4 seasons, which I love.  Spring brings wildflowers and cactus blooms.  Summer brings us the monsoons and lots of rain and everything on the desert floor turns green.  The sense of lushness helps us deal with the very warm temps.  

Leaves turn and drop in fall, and in winter everything seems to get a brown coat.  We even get a light coating of snow sometimes.  Snow on the desert is one of the most beautiful sights to me.  And we have very mild temps through most of winter, making it quite enjoyable.  That's why so many easterners and midwesterners come here for "the season."

huachucas-and-san-pedro.jpgblanket-of-snow-in-the-sonoran-desert-michael-moriarty.jpg

Honored Contributor

No snow, and no “cottages” as per Hallmark cards, but yes, I live in a beautiful area that encompasses both heavily wooded rolling hills covered in tall trees, crops and vineyards, and incredible ocean and forest views - some of the prettiest/best in the country/world according to natl magazines & travelers’ surveys - all either at my house or within a very few miles.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

The beach in SoCal, and I find it beautiful.

I have yet to see anything remotely Kinkade-ish here, and truth be told, I'm okay with that. Our travels have exposed us to lovely rural settings that were genuine -- much enjoyed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I do live in a beautiful setting.  I am on the Space Coast in Florida.  Everywhere I look is something beautiful.  Great weather, lots of wildlife, great people and the ocean 3 miles away.  It is truly glorious.

Honored Contributor

@peggles

It is to me.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I am so grateful that I do.

A little over 7 acres in a protected forest community, I have the smallest lot, surrounded on 3 sides by a protected (reservoir contributing) creek.  12 min away from a beautiful old University town & campus.  1.5 hours from the ocean, 1.5 hours from the Blue Ridge mountains.

Honestly, this is where my heart is  & I worked very hard to get and stay here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras