Contributor

Do you live in a picturesque setting?

With Christmas coming I've started thinking about Christmas cards and how I love cards with snowy scenes of cottages reminiscent of old times, like in a Thomas Kinkade painting. Maybe it's a silly question, but I wonder how many of us live in villages like that.  Indulge me, please. ☺️

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you live in a picturesque setting?

Nope.  I wish.  I'd love to live near the woods, near a stream or a beautiful, old fashioned little town with really old and lovely buildings, maybe a little town square.  The kind of place that had all kinds of little shops and you could walk up and down the street and shop and dodge in for a scone and coffee! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I do! Every season is picturesque here! I live on a beautiful lake and get to experience its beauty in every season. We always have a running bet what date the water will freeze every winter. The small towns nearby are so charming. I love the summers here but winters are absolutely magical looking! Right out of a fairy tale! I pinch myself every day! Woman Happy

http://www.eyeonmichigan.com/guides/charlevoix/photos.php

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Well...........if you like dark gray mountains with NO foliage on them.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No....I live in the Midwest in a subdivision.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Part of the year I live on the beach on one of the barrier islands off the west coast of Florida. It's absolutely beautiful. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I live in a typical housing development of mostly single family homes but just outside of the development it's a very pretty area.  I'm in Bucks County, Pa and around where I live there are a lot of rolling hills and winding country roads.  In some of the smaller back roads you'll see a lot of interesting homes & farms with a lovely view with each curve in the road. There are a dozen covered bridges in Bucks Co. and the eastern part of the county is along river road which is on the Delaware river.  

It's so pretty this time of year with the fall foliage!  Along the river the colors of the leaves reflect in the water.  It's also very pretty in the winter when it snows.  Peddlar's Village which is about 10 minutes from me and looks just like a Dept. 56 village when it snows at Christmas with the quaint buildings and colorful lights. 

I went to dinner a few years ago with some friends at Christmas time in Peddlar's Village and there was a fresh dusting of snow on the ground and buildings....it looked like "Snow Vllage" had come to life!

So while I don't have these views from my house, when I take a local drive I can't get over how pretty it is here....where I live!  I feel very fortunate!

Respected Contributor

I  live on a beautiful lake where I can be amoungst the beauty of nature and enjoy the change of seasons. I have always been better by the water! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Just moved away a year ago from a gorgeous rural area at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Home was on acreage and had a covered front porch facing the mountains. Each year around this time, area was swamped with visitors driving up Skyline Drive for viewing of the fall foliage and for the wildlife this time of year (deer, bear, etc).  Couldn't get any more picturesque than that.

As gorgeous as it was - I dreaded this time of the year when leaves fell - I used to have to pay my lawn guys a fortune for 3 separate visits just to keep up with them.  So many - that raking to try to keep up was not an option!

Esteemed Contributor

Jacie wrote:
I  live on a beautiful lake where I can be amoungst the beauty of nature and enjoy the change of seasons. I have always been better by the water! 

@Jacie...I envy you!...My husband and I are planning on making a move within the next couple of years and it definitely has to be by the water....We both love the ocean and I am the same as you....I always feel so much more tranquil and refreshed when by the water....I joke with my husband and say....I won't be fussy....It can be by the ocean...a lake...a river...a brook...lol...I just want to be by the water! Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~