Respected Contributor

Yes I like wine. I like wine that has a little sweetness.

Honored Contributor

My husband was a long-time collector and a very humble connoiseur. Yes, we loved wine. My preference was Chardonnay; his, varieties of red.

We both miss it very much. His health dictated that he only very occasionally imbibe. I have forgone it all together.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you like wine?

[ Edited ]

Yes, it is my drink of choice.

I like Sauvignon blanc and pinot noirs.   I will also drink some Pinot Grigios if they are not too sweet and a good Chardonnay.  I like Chianti with Italian food.

My regions of choice are California,  Australia and New Zealand. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't really care for wine.  I do drink alcohol, so that's not the reason.  Love sangria, though.  

Respected Contributor

Wine gives me instant heartburn. I rarely drink any alcohol. Once in awhile in the summer, my husband and I will have a gin and tonic down on the dock, but I rarely finish mine.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember drinking Bartle & James wine coolers back in the 80's.  I can't believe I ever liked them.   They were so sickeningly sweet.  Once my tastes got a little more refined I started to drink white wine.  For years, I only drank whites, then for some reason, I decided to try a red wine.   From then on I was hooked on reds.

I prefer a Pinot Noir however on occasion, I will drink a Merlot.  

I know that many people do not think about Oregon as a wine producer but there are actually many fine wineries there.    It has something to do with the grape-growing region in Oregon being similar to the Burgundy region in France.    I've tried many fine wines from the Willamette Valley.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Frey wines, they are vegan (no sulfites) and organic.

Natural Red, Merlot, et al--nothing fancy--only about $10 at Whole Foods or liquor stores.

Like it room temp, yes-- glass is sitting out now. 

Always after the kiddies are in bathed and in bed.

Respected Contributor

Oh Yes but I have been spoiled with good wine. 

Honored Contributor

IMO, it's hard to beat a cabernet from Napa, CA.

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds  Aldi has Winking Owl wine, some for $2.89. The White Zinfandel is as good as much more expensive wines.