Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When we go up north later this summer, I want to get some from some of the wineries up north.  I have a favorite, it's a white wine, and I'm looking forward to it. It's a treat.  Do you like it too?  We have some great wineries up north.  If you ever visit lower northern MI, you should visit some of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like wine?

[ Edited ]

I like wine, white and rose only, but unfortunately can’t drink it anymore. For some reason, out of the blue years ago, it started making me wheeze. Think I was sensitive to the sulfates in it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I like wine.  I prefer white over red.  Red gives me a headache sometimes.

Michigan has wonderful wineries.  I was surprised about that because I think of California and wine country more than Michigan. 

Honored Contributor

NO, but I will confess I have really never tasted a  vintage that was considered fine wine

Respected Contributor

Yes.  I live near Finger Lakes wine region (New York), and we have a number of good local wines.  I like sweet or semi-sweet whites.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

The only type of wine I really care for is pinot grigio and some chardonnay.  Cannot stand any reds at all nor am I thrilled with other whites.

I've been to the Finger Lakes region of NY and the wines at the wineries we went to were okay.  Nothing outstanding.  I enjoy going to wineries near my house, just to get together with friends and hang out but Ohio wines are gross IMO.  I've also done Geneva on the Lake which is our wine country and there wasn't a wine anywhere that I liked.

We are doing a girls trip to Sonoma in the fall.  I'm excited for that.  But I'm pretty picky.  LOL  The absolute best wine I ever had was shipped here directly from Italy.   

Esteemed Contributor
I like good wines and get to CA central coast (home of "Sideways" wineries)often enough to replenish. We really like Fess Parker wines and frequently find they are cheaper at Costco (San Luis Obispo or Santa Maria).
Honored Contributor

Yes.  I'm a regular customer at the wine shop around the corner.

Trusted Contributor

What's not to like!

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal ,

Took me years to figure out there are only a few wines for me. 

The only red wine I like is a good Ruby Port.

A really good one, for sipping out of a tiny stemmed glass while doing food prep.

(Also, spill a little into the beef stew, you'll love it.)

For white wine I only go for Gewurztraminer. 

NO chardonnay headaches for me, please!!!

For fun (about 20 years ago) I picked up some locally made cranberry wine, made right across the lake from you. Found it at Sam's club, went back and got a case. 

Boo hoo can't have any wine now. Have enjoyed thinking about it now on this post, though. 

Thanks!