Respected Contributor

Re: Do you like going to movie theaters?

No...Can't say DH or I enjoy the cinema experience. We both like to read, so would rather do that than go to movie theatres. If a movie does come out that we really want to see, we will usually wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it where we can watch it in peace...no talking, kicking the seats, sticky seats, people coughing. Kind of reminds you of being in an airplane these days. We don't have any of the upgraded theatres in our little city.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I honestly can't remember the last time I went to a movie.  So that means it was probably at least 30 years ago.  

Honored Contributor

Question for anyone who's had dinner at the movies ..... what is the lighting like?  If it's the regular dark theater, how do you see your food?

Respected Contributor

With our grandson, I think we have probably seen at least 10 movies over the past several months. It is our treat to take him to a movie.  We have seen Finding Dory, BFG, Jungle Book, and the Secret Life of Pets most recently.  Therefore, I have discovered that I still really enjoy going to the theater and I have really enjoyed these movies.  Loved The Secret Lives of Pets!!

The theaters here are nice and clean.  There is more than enough room between rows that we don't ever have any problems with someone kicking our seats.  The seats are comfortable too.

Oh, and I have a ball playing and experimenting with the soft drinks.  lol  Love the stand-by of  coke zero with the cherry, but last time I tried the diet sprite with blackberry and it was great.  lol  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

I refuse to go to theatres, too noisy, too crowded, too expensive etc.....

Trusted Contributor

Most movies now turn out to be a disappointment to us and also much too loud!!  We very rarely go!!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

No I don't go unless there is something I really want to see or invited by a friend.  I prefer to watch "on demand" at home.   I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Lincoln.  after the outbreak of bedbugs, I really don't care to go.  However, a new itheater is opening near us with upscale dining ( seasonal comfort and farm to table) experiences, small viewing rooms with reclining lounges....so I may try it while it's new if there is a movie I'd like to see.  Seems like it will be a mix of old and new movies...

Esteemed Contributor

I love the big screen, surround sound, and comfy rocking seats, but I don't like the prices (tickets & concessions) or how cold they keep it.  In 100 degree temperatures, I bring a heavy coat and wear a sweater to our local theatre.

Honored Contributor

I love to go to the movies.  Love the big screen, sound system, comfortable seats, etc.  I do not eat the concessions  - we go to the movies and then out to dinner or lunch.  I do try to go during nonbusy times because I hate to stand in line.  I went last week and I am planning to go again this Tuesday.  

Respected Contributor

Used to love going to the theatre but as the years progressed less favorable, so I would take a leave day and go to a matinee for all the Harry Potter films--loved it until others caught on then had to endure the rude chatting and talking which I detest.  Have not been to a movie theatre for about 8 years now and won't go at all now....