Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you like going to movie theaters?

[ Edited ]

No - way too loud and sticky floors.  Not a good experience.

Respected Contributor

I am just the opposite. I enjoy movies at home, where I can pause movie.

Movies can be $20 where I live- no way will I pay that. Also, most importantly, I avoid hearing noisy conversations, crinkly candy wrappers, cell phone ringing, etc.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aside from the outrageously priced movie prices and expensive concession stand treats, I have another reason that my husband and I avoid movie theatres.  

And that is the fear of violence.  I realize that movie theatre shooting are not a commonplace, but they do happen.  Since the terrible shooting in Colorado, there have been several others.  In a town near us there was an armed robbery and the thief ran into a crowded movie theatre.

Fortunately he was arrested without any incidents, but I think of what could have happened if he had opened fire before the police got to the theatre.  

I know you can't live your life in fear, but I think with all the violence in the world I would just rather play it safe and avoid large gatherings where an unbalanced person could use that as an opportunity to unleash their anger at the world. 

Respected Contributor

just opposite for us! We rarely spend the $50 for the two of us to watch a movie that, at our age, we spend half of in the bathroom!😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't been to a movie theatre since I took my two oldest grandchildren to see a kids' movie. They are now 18 and 21 so you can imagine how long ago it was. I gave a big screen TV and enjoy watching movies at home. Most of the films in the theatres are a series of violent special effects...not for me...so I can find exactly what I want on demand from the comfort of my living room.

Honored Contributor

No......I always feel like PeeWee Herman is sitting behind me......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@beckyb1012

"pay a fortune to see."

Don't know how old you are.....

In my neck of the woods the price for customers who are 55+ is only $5 at all the major movie theaters.

Only $1 at the smaller theaters.

yahoo.gif

Wow, that's great! Nehru in AK Tuesday's are Sr. discount days and tix are $13 for matinees and $15 for later shows...big break huh?

Respected Contributor

I enjoy going with my son...the theatre has wonderful cushy recliners.  We share a large bag of buttered popcorn and diet coke

and usually really like the movie we decided on.  It's one of our favorite things to do, and my son always treats me.  What a guy!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I like going to the movie theater, BUT only if there is no one behind me who is talking.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Mellie32@MyGirlsMom@beckyb1012@Laura14@Mz iMac

Movie theaters usually only hold one enticing thing for me and that is their sound system!

@LTT1  Really?  Now see that's how I knew I had crossed an age barrier.  Way too loud for me these days.  The gym can tone it down in the Ride class too.   

@ I'm wth you.  I have actually worn earplugs during some of the movie.