Respected Contributor

Re: Do you like going to movie theaters?

@proudlyfromNJ see if you have an AMC dine-in theater near you.  

Honored Contributor

Nope.  Most movies are so awful now that I can't see spending the money they want for a ticket.  Add to that the ridiculous price of items at the concession stand and then the rudeness of patrons and I'd much rather just watch on my home tv.

Honored Contributor

No, unless I can go to my favorite old theatre in town during the week when there are only a handful of people there.

Too many rude, loud people.

"WHAT DID THEY SAY?"

WEll, shut the he!! up and you'd HEAR what they said.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy. Thanks, that is what I was wondering the name of the theater as it sounded so luxurious. We have AMC but not that close. Since I had already googled before asking the name, the closest I found is new and sounds nice although no fancy meals at the seats. Just finger food and drinks. AMC sounds so much nicer. 

Thanks for the theater name!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't been to the movies in about 3 years.  I have a 60" HD, 3D, smart TV, and a surround sound system that I can rent and stream a movie with for a fraction of the cost of a movie ticket.  I don't miss being surrounded by rude people who are texting and talking like they are in their own living rooms.  I see about a dozen or so professional plays, musicals, operas and ballets a year, so I get my fill of live entertainment surrounded by more refined and well-behaved crowds.  

Esteemed Contributor

We love going to movies and average at least 5 a month. Our favorites this summer have been Finding Dory and The Secret life of Pets.
It's just not the same at home and no movie popcorn smell either! ; )
Trusted Contributor

I really really don't like going to the cinema, but on the rare occasion that my husband deems a movie cinema worthy, we go.

i wipe down the seats with disinfecting wipes though. lol! we have a movie house here that we both like a lot. reclining seats and full wait staff and a bar. the food is very good and you feel so spoiled in there. that makes watching movies in the cinema a whole lot more fun and I soon forget all about the germs! 😊

Honored Contributor

No, I am not much of a movie person.  I have a very short attention span, and have trouble watching something that lengthy.   I also find theaters way too loud for my comfort level.   The volume level on my TV right now is 14, and perfect for me.  My husband has the volume on his TV at 24-26, which is way too loud for me.   I enjoy the Hallmark Christmas movies on my TV, but am pretty clueless about Hollywood movies.   

Honored Contributor

no

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do.  We don't go every weekend or anything.  

If if there is a movie we want to see, we don't go right away.  I don't like sitting in a crowded theater.   Now all of our theaters have reclining and reserved seating.  

Nobody kicking the back of your seat now