Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like going to movie theaters?

No.  I'd rather watch it at home.  

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012

"pay a fortune to see."

Don't know how old you are.....

In my neck of the woods the price for customers who are 55+ is only $5 at all the major movie theaters.

Only $1 at the smaller theaters.

yahoo.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

DH & I have not been to a theatre in at least 5 years. Last time, we vowed we would not set foot in one ever again. High ticket prices & exorbitant prices at concession stands along with noisey people, phones ringing, sound either too high or too low, sticky floors, did I mention rude people all around you? Whatever is in the theatre can be seen on DVD for free eventually, or on TV. We don't need to see anything right when it comes out. Now if we were talking about a new book that just came out, that would totally be a different story.

Respected Contributor

NO!  Don't like sitting in a crowd of people that talk, eat food loudly, and kick the back of my seat.  I also don't like sitting in those chairs that God knows who sat in them.  And it smells.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Mellie32@MyGirlsMom@beckyb1012@Laura14@Mz iMac

Movie theaters usually only hold one enticing thing for me and that is their sound system!

@LTT1,

Theater sound systems rock! So I went and bought a complete home theater system to go with my 65 inch 4k tv! The subwoofer shakes the hood..LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The sound is way too loud.........afterwards, I can't hear for 3 days

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@beckyb1012

"pay a fortune to see."

Don't know how old you are.....

In my neck of the woods the price for customers who are 55+ is only $5 at all the major movie theaters.

Only $1 at the smaller theaters.

yahoo.gif

Will be 55 on Christmas Eve so I have not quite got there yet.  I do remember back in Jr. High just needing a $1.25 to go on Friday nights when we all started seeing movies WITHOUT our parents.  Oh the days!!

The last time I checked it was about $8.00 for approx. 90 minutes of entertainment.  I am cheaper than dirt.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

DH & I have not been to a theatre in at least 5 years. Last time, we vowed we would not set foot in one ever again. High ticket prices & exorbitant prices at concession stands along with noisey people, phones ringing, sound either too high or too low, sticky floors, did I mention rude people all around you? Whatever is in the theatre can be seen on DVD for free eventually, or on TV. We don't need to see anything right when it comes out. Now if we were talking about a new book that just came out, that would totally be a different story.

We must be twins.Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

No, generally I hate it. I've never liked going to the movies. Overpriced tickets, overpriced concession stand, peeking between people's heads to see, trying to ignore brats yelling, running around or kicking the back of my seat, and adults who won't shut up. Then there's the sticky floor.

The only movie theaters I'll go to now are the plush ones with special seats, food served, etc. They cost enough that you get at least a decent experience.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

@Moonchilde  ....

Agree with everything in your post!   The last time I went was to a special showing of The Help ... with the plush seats, wine beforehand and dinner served during the movie.   It was an excellent adventure.

Honored Contributor

I love the experience of the big screen, but hate how dirty the theaters really are. 

Skeeves me out to sit in those seats. We live in an area that the theaters are old, and they don't take very good care of them.