Respected Contributor

Re: Do you like going to movie theaters?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

No, generally I hate it. I've never liked going to the movies. Overpriced tickets, overpriced concession stand, peeking between people's heads to see, trying to ignore brats yelling, running around or kicking the back of my seat, and adults who won't shut up. Then there's the sticky floor.

The only movie theaters I'll go to now are the plush ones with special seats, food served, etc. They cost enough that you get at least a decent experience.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

@Moonchilde  ....

Agree with everything in your post!   The last time I went was to a special showing of The Help ... with the plush seats, wine beforehand and dinner served during the movie.   It was an excellent adventure.

@SoX and moonchild, what is a name of the theater? I don't think we have any in my area. I would consider going to one of these.

Ours is called the Arclight Theater

Honored Contributor

Our local theater put in recliners and last time I went with our son and grandson, I fell asleep. We had a big supper and I was relaxed.

Our grandson thought it was funny. He said "FarMor, you are missing the good part".

Star Wars

FarMor is Grandma in Swedish.

So yes, it is comfy.

Valued Contributor

@just bee: I would be the other person sitting in the theater, watching until the very end of the credits. Occasionally, there's an extra tidbit - usually a funny one. I want to get all my money's worth! (Catch the very end of Deadpool??!)

Super Contributor

Re:Do you like going to movie theaters?

Don't go to the movies very often. If we do, it's for a movie that everyone in the family wants to see (son, DIL, granddaughter, son,  his fiancee, husband and I), and then we make an evening of it with dinner afterwards. Agree with one poster about theaters being very cold in the summer months. Froze one time; the theater being so cold that i couldn't concentrate on the movie. I always bring a light jacket with me now. Usually wait for the movie to come out on satellite and enjoy it in the comfort of our home on our big screen TV and surround sound.

Honored Contributor

Re: Re:Do you like going to movie theaters?

Years ago I got into the habit of going to the movies on a weekday when there weren't many people attending.  I just can't stand being in a full capacity theater, like a bunch of sardines!   ugh.    So, if I can't go when attendance is light, I pass .... it will come on TV in a year or so.    In most cases, I can wait.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, my husband and I go to movies almost every weekend. We go the most in Summer and near Christmas as the best movies are out at those times.

What makes it better than at home? The giant screen, especially for movies with great scenery/technology/3D.

We see everything from Disney movies with the grandkids, to comedies, to romance/chick flicks, to drama AND we love comic book movies (Batman, Superman, the list goes on). We also love independent films (which haven't been coming to our areas as much in the past years)

Friends and family actually call us the movie critics and ask our opionions and ratings on movies we see. lol..

PS) We usually go early Sundays to the first showing when its pretty empty. Sometimes we have our own private viewing of movies when no one is there but us. Thats the best time to go.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I enjoy going to the movies once in a while.  My DH hates to go but I do get him there at least twice a year.  The other times I go with a friend, we'll have lunch, and I enjoy getting out.  My friend likes to see every movie that comes out and I don't like to go that much, she keeps asking me to go and we haven't been to a movie in a few months since I told her there wasn't anything I was interested in seeing.  I don't enjoy going for the sake of going.  

Respected Contributor

The movie "Sully" will be coming out next month and I am looking forward to watching that one!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

No ... last time I went to the movies was summer 2003.  We were on vacation and it was raining .... so we went to the movies.

Before that ... I don't recall the year, but we went to see E.T.

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

I enjoy going to the movies once in a while.  My DH hates to go but I do get him there at least twice a year.  The other times I go with a friend, we'll have lunch, and I enjoy getting out.  My friend likes to see every movie that comes out and I don't like to go that much, she keeps asking me to go and we haven't been to a movie in a few months since I told her there wasn't anything I was interested in seeing.  I don't enjoy going for the sake of going.  

@Hayfield

I've always wondered why people go see movies they aren't all that interested in ... just to say you saw it.  Too much free time on their hands?

I also have to really want to see the movie to go ....  with all the channels that have movies,  why not just make some popcorn and watch from the comfort of your own home?