Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like generic gift shows?

@traveler doesn’t really matter to me. There are many shows that are specific and I don’t want to watch those either because I already know I’m not buying and shopping is no longer entertaining for me.  

But qvc is no different in that regard than department stores where there are whole departments, even whole floors I virtually never check out 

Honored Contributor

I am not a big TV watcher.  I am a reader.  I occasionally flip through the channels at night and check to see what QVC is showing while I am reading something.

I don't hang around too long.  Sitting there listening to someone hawking junk to me is not enjoyable.  I prefer to shop online and not watch a TV presentation.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather watch a 'variety show' than watch an entire show about a single item, for instance a vacuum cleaner or flameless candles. 

-----

Agree with @SilleeMee . At least we get variety. An hour on a vacuum or kitchen gadget bores me. The only show I fully watch is Leah on Saturday's AM style. If the TSV is beauty products, then I don't even watch her full show.

Esteemed Contributor

No. No. And no.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

No. Don’t watch. We haven’t exchanged gifts for years.
Honored Contributor

I used to love the cooking shows and looked forward to them.  But since David came on the scene it isn't even remotely about cookig.  And what they show is what they were showing 10 years ago.

I have moved on and frankly I want better items than about 80 percet of what they present. 

I don't know why their buyers can't source things like really good Italian food items, etc.  Something that is not available everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

No.  Don't care about flashlights and tchotchkes.  

Respected Contributor

I love generic stocking stuffer things.  These are things my family doesn't have.  Some items can be a source of comedy for years--remember the trunk organizer for one.