Super Contributor

Re: Do you like change in your life or like things to stay the same.

@goldensrbest wrote:

I do not like change that is forced on me ,  losing love ones,  and i find life just so different these days, our world is just changing ,people s attitudes are so strange, i like how life use to be.

I understand what you are saying because I always say to my husband and children I miss the 80's. I was a teenager then but then I realize that I may have loved that time in my life, but things weren't always good for everyone. I am sure that everyone has a time that they love but that doesn't mean things can't move forward. Technology is a lot better now,even though that is not always a good thing. Sometimes if we didn't force change on people life would be unbearable for some. 

Honored Contributor

Change is a fact of  life almost a law of nature.

Whether you seek it out or not, your life will change.   Even if you don't change directly, people or things around you will change.

I've had a LOT of change in my life and I don't care for it.

Although in my working years, I changed jobs often and loved it.

I learned many new things and made a lot of friends.  I wouldn't go back & change it for a 30+ year job at one place for anything.

So with all that said, if at any moment I find myself bored, no worry, life will change.

Trusted Contributor

I personally don't like change.  I have found comfort and peace in my life as it is. I find that a change usually ends up in a disappointment for me and there is enough of that we have no control over.

Trusted Contributor

Change for the sake of change or for the sole purpose of controlling others is wrong. However, I like all other forms of change because it pushes us to be more than we thought we could be, and gets us out of our comfort zone. 

Honored Contributor

When I was younger and all body parts were working correctly, I loved new things.  Now, at this age I like the same for the most part.  Some new things are good, like making new friends.  We still travel a bit, not as much by a long shot. 

Honored Contributor

I'm usually dragged kicking and screaming into change.  90% of the time I end up liking the changes and I don't know why I was so resistant.  When I can't get on board is when it's change for the sake of change without being a real improvement.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet .............are we sisters?  I had so much change in my childhood (not all bad) that change is second nature to me and is no big deal.  As a young adult I changed major things in my life every few years.  I would probably make changes now but at 74 yrs old I have to tell myself Im too darned old.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Change is inevitably-- don't mind it much and nothing I can do about it if it did bother me. Have had many changes in my 65 years---good and bad- I adapted to each as best as I could/can.

Honored Contributor

Of course, we're all different.  Some people love and thrive on change.  Some people prefer stability and the known.  I think most of us are somewhere in between.  We like stablility in some areas of our lives but we are open to change and adventure in other areas of our lives.  

Honored Contributor

One thing I like to change is my home. Furniture gets rearranged a couple times a year, our Christmas tree is never in the same place and I put seasonal decorations outside. My last home had an actual dining room and I turned it into the living room. That was a lot of fun. Now that we only have an eat in kitchen, I can't do much to change it.