Respected Contributor

Do you like change in your life or like things to stay the same.

I grew up in a dysfuntional family that change was constant.  Moving, several schools in one year.  Not always knowing what the next day would bring.....I hated it but I find that change for me as an adult was exciting.  I loved starting new job, new relationship, trying new foods, seeing new places, moving to new area.  I know people that can do the same thing over and over and are happy with nothing changing.  If there is a new speaker at church I know immediatley they will not like their sermon, eat the same foods over and over...shop at same stores everyday.   I think there are more people who don't like change than people like me who crave it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like change in your life or like things to stay the same.

My job had a certain routine that began over on the first of every month and I did it for nearly four decades. I guess it's safe to say I like continuity.

Honored Contributor

I would say that certain things I like to stay the same and certain things I like change.

As I've gotten older, I see a lot of change in my neighborhood and the world.  Most of the changes I don't like.  I liked the way my world was when I was younger.  I feel good knowing that certain things in my life stay the same.  I never liked when I worked and there were a lot of changes - it made me anxious.  

I do like to sight see and eat at new places and go to different places to shop.  

I don't like to get up every day and see the same old thing and do the same old thing day in and day out.

If I had more expendable cash, I'd do more traveling and possibly move to a much better climate.  Or at least buy a home for the winter months.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

It really depends on what it is and the circumstances.

At one time I would have liked to move but now that DH has serious health issues I like  staying where we are...everything is familiar, we have support and I know his doctors.  However we're in our mid 60s and are still in the two story colonial house where we raised our kids so I realize that at some point (maybe in 10 years?) we'll move....don't know where though.

As for other things I find it can get boring if I'm always doing the same things.  I like to travel to add some spice to my life but it's difficult with DH.  I like trying out new restaurants and different food.

So while I like to try lots of new I also like some things to remain the same.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to change things up in certain parts of my life but not all of it. I will go to a new restaurant try new foods. I am open to new experiences but in my home I have to be regimented. It just makes life so much easier for me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like change but I never seem to do it.How do you change after so many years of the same.

Honored Contributor

I do best with some structure in my life.  I like change, but I want that change to be my decision -  not forced on me by externals.

Super Contributor

Change is a good thing. It means you continue growing. You will continue to learn new things. 

Honored Contributor

I do not like change that is forced on me ,  losing love ones,  and i find life just so different these days, our world is just changing ,people s attitudes are so strange, i like how life use to be.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

depends.....consistency is best in certain areas of my life... also open to and embrace change where appropriate