Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like bagpipes? or have a story on them?

Aye, Amazing Grace and Scotland the Brave.  What's not to like?

Pipes

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

My heritage is mainly Irish.  Years ago at an elderly cousin's graveside service, a man stood at a distance and played the bagpipes.  It was haunting and beautiful.

My heritage is Highland Scots. This is what I would also want at my funeral to transport me beyond the veil.

Our clanfought at Sterling bridge w/Wm. Wallace and were later supporters of Charles Stuart at Culloden, where the MacLachlans fell.

@Maestra1 

How cool is that? Heart

@just bee 

Mel Gibson strikes again.🤣

Honored Contributor

I can’t stand the sound of bagpipes....hurst my ears. Also make me sad as I only associate them with funerals.
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

My heritage is mainly Irish.  Years ago at an elderly cousin's graveside service, a man stood at a distance and played the bagpipes.  It was haunting and beautiful.

My heritage is Highland Scots. This is what I would also want at my funeral to transport me beyond the veil.

Our clanfought at Sterling bridge w/Wm. Wallace and were later supporters of Charles Stuart at Culloden, where the MacLachlans fell.

@Maestra1 

How cool is that? Heart

@just bee 

Mel Gibson strikes again.🤣

@geezerette 

Braveheart

Aye.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~