Honored Contributor

Re: Do you know know a domineering person?

@GenXmuse wrote:

I’ve run into a few here. 

Yes, so have I. They follow a poster around and they think their "digs" go unseen. They are like roaches hiding in the cracks of a building. Or at least I see them that way.

Valued Contributor

NO. The domineering type is an OBNOXIOUS BULLY.  NOT a part of my life.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I’ve run into a few here. 

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

No, I know strong people.  Assertive people but no one who is domineering.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Yes....my sister, I wised up and we no longer have a relationship - she has cut ties with all sibings except 1......

My only sibling, my sister wasn't quite domineering but she is controlling.  I remember my father saying that to me when he was 94 years old.  I have to hand it to her though...her three children who are all married with children of their own still, to this day, jump when she speaks.  At this point in their lives I think it is out of respect rather than fear.  As for me, I don't contact her but if she calls me I will talk to her.  We were very close in age but never close as sisters or friends and it saddens me.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

My ex fil was a piece of work.He was not even close to being kind or loving.He ruled! My ex mil was not allowed to go to church because his lunch had to be ready at noon.Meals were to be ready when he got home from work.His wife was not allowed to drive a car or work outside of the home.She could not leave him even if she wanted to as she had no working skills or money.She was stuck.No thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I personally  don't equate jumping when someone talks a sign respect .I would feel bad if my children felt they had to do that when I talked to them.

I avoided Ole Frankie Boy like the plague as much as I could without hurting my Aunt's feelings.

Esteemed Contributor

Know some that try.  Does not work with me, I just sail right by.

Honored Contributor

There are a few on this board actually....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not in real life , in cyber space ,I certainly do