Valued Contributor

Re: Do you know anyone with Bi-Polar Disorder?

On 1/10/2015 CouponQueen said:

Yes daily..I Work in Mental Health..27+ years experience...inpatient..outpatient...been to court..etc..I also work in a Psychiatric Crisis Unit..more like a Emergency Room/Dept for mentally il..

and YES they can be frightening and dangerous..sometimes to themselves and sometimes to others. Each person is different...depends on the person ..but have seen them hurt themselves..others..and even murder others..often they don't even know their own level of aggression.

It has not been officially called Manic Depression/Depressive for years..not as a legal diagnosis that you want to be reimbursed for..or billable hours..

I'm not sure what you are saying. If I continue to take lithium and lexapro, and I do, I'm pretty stable. I see my Dr once a month. I used to go twice a week. I've been in the "looney bin" quite a few times. I don't know what you're saying.

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 1/10/2015 RoughDraft said:

Sylvia, please don't let certain posters intimidate you. I think in this particular case, you should use the "ignore user" feature to block out the sadistic negativity of a certain poster and keep on posting to your heart's content.

Excellent advice, RD.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Problem is, that particular person shows up with a new nic to be put on "ignore" every few days/weeks/etc., but the modus operandi is always the same.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I know doo, but it only takes a moment to do and do and do. lol

Have you checked out the Urban Dictionary lately? Cool

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Frequent Contributor

On 1/10/2015 CouponQueen said:

Yes daily..I Work in Mental Health..27+ years experience...inpatient..outpatient...been to court..etc..I also work in a Psychiatric Crisis Unit..more like a Emergency Room/Dept for mentally il..

and YES they can be frightening and dangerous..sometimes to themselves and sometimes to others. Each person is different...depends on the person ..but have seen them hurt themselves..others..and even murder others..often they don't even know their own level of aggression.

It has not been officially called Manic Depression/Depressive for years..not as a legal diagnosis that you want to be reimbursed for..or billable hours..

Exactly. A bipolar who is manic or depressed either one can be very dangerous to himself and others.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry Sylvia. I didn't read all of the posts.

What I am saying is that I have seen all kinds..and that basically no one person is the same. each person is different. I have seen some who can hurt others and some that only hurt themselves..that often people don't know what they are capable of..and their own level of aggression when they lose it..but that also can be said for the so called "normal" person when they hit a certain rage point.

Bipolar Disorder was called Manic Depression years ago..while some may refer to it with that name ..old timers it isn't the official name that is going to be accepted basically by any insurance company or any disability company etc. that is all..

actually the nee DSM V does away with Axis's too..but that is another topic lol..for another day!

I work in a Mental Health Facility and seriously ..no need to call it a loony in. Nobody would call a medical unit such a name. I am glad you are stable..keep doing what you are doing and see your MD.. it is all good.

I work in the field, in the Emergency/Triage Unit..go to Court etc..I cover outpatient help line and emergency's often and often get called out for a crisis!

It is good to see it discussed here. One of the things I hate is the stigma sometimes still attached to mental illness.

Actually on my way out the door now to cover the overnight! Take care of yourself and I am very happy you are doing well and found a med combo and a MD that works well for you..take care for sure! Like I said it is all good!! good luck to you.

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 RoughDraft said:

Sylvia, please don't let certain posters intimidate you. I think in this particular case, you should use the "ignore user" feature to block out the sadistic negativity of a certain poster and keep on posting to your heart's content.

I agree.

If the troll just changes names without opening a new account, your "ignore" will continue to work, I think. Unfortunately, most of the time they get banned and just come back with a different account and you have to start all over.

Whatever the case, don't take the nastiness to heart, Sylvia. These kinds of trolls live to incite anger and dissension.

~Enough is enough~
Valued Contributor

Thank you CQ

Respected Contributor

sylvia, if you feel you need a break from here...by all means take one. Most of us have done that. But I am sure hoping that you will come back when you feel like it. You are a member of this community that I really value and I would miss you if you just left us for good. I suffer from separation anxiety, lol. If you are thinking that you are alone...nope you are not. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

I just love to read all of you all'so posts. I learn a lot about a lot. ...and I'm fond of each of you. I do tend to let myself shy away and be intimidated by some who are rude. Thanks to you, Cody and mystyrion 1. Smiley Happy