Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I wish I knew how too. I can barely thread a needle.

LOL I need a needle threader.  They also have needles with a split at the top, and you just pull the thread down over it Smiley Happy

Whoa, @VanSleepy.  Do you mean embroidery needles?  That would be extremely helpful for me.  I have needle threaders but they break so easily.

@missy1

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

LOL I need a needle threader.  They also have needles with a split at the top, and you just pull the thread down over it Smiley Happy

Whoa, @VanSleepy.  Do you mean embroidery needles?  That would be extremely helpful for me.  I have needle threaders but they break so easily.

@missy1

@tansy  not sure about embroidery needles.  I am talking about a regular sewing needle.  The extent of my sewing is replacing a button.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @VanSleepy.  I just found the *self threading* sewing needles at Amazon.  Why didn’t someone think of that sooner🙂

Honored Contributor

I find it's a good thing to do some sort of needlework in the evening watching tv - it prevents thinking about food.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@missy1

@tansy  not sure about embroidery needles.  I am talking about a regular sewing needle.  The extent of my sewing is replacing a button.

I was also talking about the small sewing needles.

Valued Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I saw a hack on threading a needle, I haven't tried it yet, but you lay the thread across your palm and place the needle on top the thread with the eye over the thread.  Now slowly roll the needle back and forth and the thread goes into the eye all by itself.  

Honored Contributor

I crochet baby blankets, sell them and donate the proceeds to St. Jude's Children's hospital.  These are a few examples of blankets I sold recently.  They're not professional quality and I only sell locally to friends and friends of friends.  I don't charge a lot and every penny goes to the charity so no one has complained about the little mistakes that seem to be part of each one....

sweet tweet 2018.jpg

pretty in pink.jpg

cookie monster blankie.jpg

lamb lovey.jpg

sugar and spice blanket.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Oh wow, House Cat!  Well done.   Those are just so lovely and I would be willing to bet extremely well received.

I love the little SSt characters and that lamb - TDF cute!!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Thank you :-)

I keep an eye out for cute plush toys from Kohl's, because the money from the toys goes to charity and when i add them to my projects that doubles it.  I did so many SS blankets last year and I still have a few animals left, but I need a break from that theme.

elmo blanket.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@chickenbutt

Thank you :-)

I keep an eye out for cute plush toys from Kohl's, because the money from the toys goes to charity and when i add them to my projects that doubles it.  I did so many SS blankets last year and I still have a few animals left, but I need a break from that theme.

elmo blanket.jpg

For me?  Smiley Happy   Now, how did you know that Elmo has always been my favorite?  (Plus I love red)   Heart