Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I used to do both and spin wool into yarn too, but I have arthritis in my hands and wrists and my ring finger on my left hand locks at the knuckle. Most hand crafts are out of the question for me  at this point.

@blackhole99

I used to spin wool, too.  I don't think I was very good at it.  DH bought a beautiful spinning wheel for me, a gorgeous wood, I've kept it all these years.

At the time, a lot of spinners were spinning their dog and cat fur, which kind of grossed me out. 

Oh, so did I!!!!!

I also sheared the sheep! 

LOL   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I used to crochet a lot.  My mother was in the hospital once and I sat with her almost the entire time.  During that time, I crocheted a throw for her hospital bed.

I liked crocheting hats and scarves a lot.  I also used a special thread and crocheted doilies, much finer work.

Edit: I just remembered that I also crocheted shawls.  Remember when they were in style?  DH used to make the tassels for me, I'd forgotten that Cat Very Happy

@Noel7 love that story of your mother.  Also, shawls are great now for restaurants and theaters, and they don’t take as long as throws to make.  Are you able to crochet any longer?  

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillowWow, you really were involved. I was ok at spinning, but no where near  fiber artists like my friends are. The stuff they knit is fabulous and they get hundreds of dollars for their work. I just sold my wheel to a local woman who I know will love it and keep it spinning.

Respected Contributor

this yarn is so cute.  It's cheaper on the redheart site than amazon.    This isn't the color I bought.   Maybe a cat blanket.Image result for coats & clark red heart pomp-a-doodle yarn: plush plum

Honored Contributor

I used to, like a hundred years ago.  One thing that was fortunate was that my best friend was also left-handed so it was easy for her to teach me.

Honored Contributor

I wish I knew how too. I can barely thread a needle.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I wish I knew how too. I can barely thread a needle.

LOL I need a needle threader.  They also have needles with a split at the top, and you just pull the thread down over it Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

No. I love crochet and I tried teaching myself how to and I suck at it. Then I tried to teach myself how to knit and that was worse. A lady I knew at work have me a crocheted throw that is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could do that but  I'm just not gifted that way. I did manage to crochet a doggie sweater and a little dog for him but that was simple. The throw I attempted in the past looked like a drunk person made it. 😫

Respected Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

No. I love crochet and I tried teaching myself how to and I suck at it. Then I tried to teach myself how to knit and that was worse. A lady I knew at work have me a crocheted throw that is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could do that but  I'm just not gifted that way. I did manage to crochet a doggie sweater and a little dog for him but that was simple. The throw I attempted in the past looked like a drunk person made it. 😫

Sometime you might feel like doing crochet again.  You're already made sweater and a dog toy.  I think they try to make patterns simpler now.

Valued Contributor

YES I CROCHET I HAVE MADE SOOO MANY AFGHANS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY  I ALSO DO COUNTED CROSS STITCH    ALL SO RELAXING   FOR ME