Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have experience with closet organizers?

On 7/8/2014 kachina624 said:
On 7/8/2014 stilltamn8r said: When drilling, make sure you find a stud, don't just put scre@@ into drywall, it will never hold...
It will if you use the correct dry wall anchors. The trouble with long poles in closets is that if they're the least big overloaded, they'll collapse. Those cascading hooks for hangers are soooo handy and add so much weight. I couldn't tell you how many closets I've had collapse into a huge mess.

My units came with the dry wall anchors and have held tons of weight. You just need a drill with the right size bit and they work like a charm.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

My cousin turned a bedroom into a walk in closet.

She bought a system on-line. It was similar to California Closets, with shelving and drawers. She decided she could install it herself.

After a few frustrating weekends, she hired her handyman to do it and it was worth every penny, she said!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a large walk-in closet and 13 yrs ago, I had Calif. Closets install a custom organizer, ie, racks for clothes, shelves above the racks, and a tall cabinet with shelves for shoes (from the floor almost up to the ceiling) with a heavy-duty acrylic door (to keep dust out). The racks/shelves are on 3 sides of my closet. I also had them install shelves the full length of one wall in my garage for storage --- and large double cabinets (floor to almost ceiling) on the opposite wall of my garage. It was a bit expensive --- but so worth it. I love organization.