Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have any funny home improvement stories to share?

1.  DH was laying a new tile floor.  He tediously pre-planned each piece, placing it exactly as he wanted the pattern to be.  Our four-year-old son stood back, watching Daddy "play."  When Dad walked away to collect the materials he needed to install the job, son took his turn at the game and rearranged the entire thing.

2.  Our friend had a young son he affectionately called Crazy Chris. One day, while Dad was working up on a ladder, he heard an odd noise beneath him.  When he glanced downward, there was Crazy Chris sawing the ladder rungs in half.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Shortly after building our new home the bolts in our huge attic fan broke. I knew the one guy was coming to fix it sometime that day so I showered earlier than usual. What I didn't know was that my dh had let the guy in while I was in the shower. I walked into my bedroom stark naked only to come face to face with the guy! We both screamed! I slammed the bedroom door and he ran downstairs! I was so embarrassed I wanted to crawl under the floor! I kept the door closed until long after I was sure he was gone!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWomanI will pray. The person I am thinking of only has 4 letters in her name. No matter, God will know who they are

I lost your Addy when mmy computer crashed, I wish we could give our address , but we can't. Its good to see you. Consider yourself hugged

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@RainCityWomanI will pray. The person I am thinking of only has 4 letters in her name. No matter, God will know who they are

I lost your Addy when mmy computer crashed, I wish we could give our address , but we can't. Its good to see you. Consider yourself hugged

Yes, I think you know who it is. I believe you gave me her addy originally when Bairn passed. We have been in contact on phone or email ever since. She has had a terrible two year struggle that has been sheer torture. She can use all the prayers and positive thoughts the world has to offer.  Thanks, Cherry. I knew you would come through with your strong, steadfast faith.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman send her my best, and tell her to keep fighting the good fight