Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have any fave commercials lately?

I don't really watch many commercials but one that sticks out for me, and makes me giggle when I think about it - 

I am one who is absolutely, positively NOT a fan of the 'Flo' Progressive commercials, but the one with the guy in the locker room is hilarious.

He is sitting there, on the bench, all dejected, as  they lost.  Flo comes in and sits beside him, giving him a pep talk.  He starts to brighten up and she says (something like) 'ok, let's go for ice cream'.   He lights up and says 'with sprinkles?'.   She says, deadpan as you can imagine 'sprinkles are for winners'.  

I don't know why this one tickles me, especially since I don't care for the Flo character. I guess it plays back to the actor who plays Flo, who I DO like.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Volvo commercials are now a soap opera, there will be a series of these and eventually we'll know the entire story.

Annoying

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

This is a bit OT but there is one commerical I don't understand at all. It's for Volvo. A woman is driving the car. She turns on the radio and a depressing sounding Sharon Van Etten song starts playing.  There's an older man in the back seat playing with a gold wedding ring. It's rather sad and dark. I'm not sure why Volvo thinks this will sell their car.

Honored Contributor

I like the one where a couple is walking a pig on a leash.

That little pig is so cute and so jaunty, walking along to great music Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reading about that Volvo commercial reminded me of an ongoing story in a commercial back in the eighties.  I think it was for coffee & there was a man & a woman.  We kept waiting for them to finally get together.

Volvo - I have seen another one where the bearded man seems to be thinking about how it feels when one's daughter gets married.  So I guess he's the father of the bride, but why would he have the ring?   Well, at least Volvo has our attention now, though I can't afford to buy one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

If I can interject one that I absolutely detest, it's that lady in the pretzel commercial with her end up saying something about "pretzels, baby".  She creeps me out!  Can't change the channel fast enough when she comes on.

I think I've seen that one at least 3 times this morning and she annoys me more every time I see it.  It doesn't make me want to run out and buy the product, that is for sure!

Super Contributor

@just bee, the purina commercial got to me for sure. No Vulcan here! 

Respected Contributor

The Coke polar bear commercials...the one with the family of polar bears, then the dad teaching Cubs to slide down hill.  I believe it was shown during Super Bowl few years ago.  They're such sweet commercials❤️

Honored Contributor

Noel7 wrote:

I like the one where a couple is walking a pig on a leash.

That little pig is so cute and so jaunty, walking along to great music Woman Very Happy

I haven't seen the whole thing, but I did see the cute little piggie yesterday.  I'll have to look out for the entirety of the commercial.   Sooooooo cute!!

Esteemed Contributor

Subaru Legacy commercial with the little boy imagining driving with all the travails - groceries falling out of the bag, stuck in traffic, meter maid, etc.  .

Honored Contributor

The Dairy Pure milk commercial with the cow that says, Like Mooooo."  Cracks me up!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee