Esteemed Contributor

Do you have air conditioning? Are we spoiled?

I saw an article on this. How years ago we did not have air conditioning and people were OK and now days we are all spoiled and have AC. Now with this heat wave in PA we are being warned to conserve some of our electric energy. Are we spoiled now days with air conditioning? Do you have air conditioning?

When I was real young I dont remember having AC. But from about the time I was a tween or a teen we had air conditioners in our homes from then on up. And now DH and I have central air. I do not know anyone that doesnt have air!

To add- Every time its hot I remember how my dad never minded the heat. And he worked in temps around 120 or more degrees at his business. He never broke a sweat! Even when he was in his 70s and 80s (before he passed away), he said it was nice out if it was 90 and there was a breeze! I never could get over how he wasnt hot, and Id sweat the minute Id walk out the door..lol.. (I worked in AC unlike him, and had AC in the car and house).

So I guess? if you work in the heat you dont mind the heat as much? But yes I am spoiled, must have AC!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles