Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a wedding limit?

Sounds like "dear baby brother" has some relationship issues. I would stay clear of the entire situation.

Honored Contributor

If I didn't already have a passport, I wouldn't go.  If I had a passport already I'd think about going....it might be a fun trip. Also, maybe his children will be there and you could finally meet them.

If I really didn't want to go, I'd send a card and my best wishes.

Honored Contributor

Totally ignoring it seems too harsh. I think a nice card wishing them well would be sufficient. Add a check if you like. After all, this might be the marriage that works out.

Honored Contributor

I've never had the need to have a limit.  Never even thought about it.  However, I think it would depend on the circumstances.  Go with your gut.

Esteemed Contributor

I would probably send a card in this case. 

I have a close relative who is getting married in the next few months. I pray it is not a huge shindig, but who knows. I will go, because we are close and it will not involve traveling more than 3 hours. And I will pray that this one sticks.

There are times when it truly is difficult to know just what to do. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

He had the NERVE to send out invitations ???????

The woman he is marrying is 30yrs old....SHE for sure wants the wedding and GIFTS/MONEY!  Since he is 53 and married 4 previous times I am thinking he would have gone to justice of the peace and kept it cheap.  

Just thinking this out abit here but seems logical.

I would either go to it IF YOU WANT TO....if you do not want to attend then send a card.

Honored Contributor

I think obviously don't want to go your brother's wedding but he is your brother and I assume that means something to you.  So, send your regrets and try to make it sound legitimate and since he's your bother, you should send a gift.   It doesn't have to be an expensive gift.  Speaking for myself, it wouldn't matter to me if it was 25th wedding. He's an adult, he can get married as many times as he wants to. Maybe it is his 5th wedding but it's his  1st wedding to this woman.  So, since it's family, I'd go and enjoy the wedding and wish them well and eat cake and do my absolute best to avoid making judgements.  

Honored Contributor

Buy three of the same "congrats" cards and put forever stamps on them.  Send one, put the other two in the drawer, and then you'll be all set for the next wedding.

And the next. . . Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

There is a sad truth that families often only see each other at weddings and funerals.

This is a festive opportunity to see your brother and family you have not met before.

If it were me, I would feel better sending a gift even if it was a small gift.  

Honored Contributor

What is left to buy after 5 marriages? I would send a card ,and perhaps some flowers ,,and call it good