Honored Contributor

Do you have a wedding limit?

[ Edited ]

I have a real dilemma and would love some input. My dear baby brother, age 53, just sent me a wedding invitation. This will be wedding #5. He has four kids, one each from the first four marriages, and apparently has been living with this new fiancé for a couple of months. She has three small kids of her own and is 30 yrs old. I went to the first two weddings. I did not attend the next two because they were so far away and my job schedule interfered. I have never met ex #3 or ex #4 and I have no idea what kind of woman this latest one is. I don’t have any desire to go to wedding # 5. Do I send a gift? He has plenty of money but am sure he pays most of it in child support. He lives in Canada where he has been for several years.  I am so sad he is marrying again...he clearly doesn’t know how to make a marriage work. I can only imagine what our parents would say if they were here....should I send a gift? Would you go if you were in my situation? I have never even met one of my nieces or two nephews. My sister said she is going and taking one of her friends with her since her DH says absolutely not, My DH couldn’t care less. He will do whatever I want. Also, we old be on our own finding a place to stay if we go. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a wedding limit?

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess For #5 I would send a card and that is IT.

Honored Contributor

Thanks...I was leaning towards that...getting married five times...what is wrong with him??!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too would send a card.  Good luck to HER!!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You don't seem to be close to this brother at all. That being the case I wouldn't attend. I personally wouldn't send a gift or a card.If there's no relationship between the two of you why bother.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd go with sister and her friend.  Some people like being married.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He had the NERVE to send out invitations ???????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I'd go with sister and her friend.  Some people like being married.

A lot of people like the wedding, reception, honeymoon and gifts.

Marriage? Not so much.

Honored Contributor

One  

Honored Contributor

I think you know what you want to do but are looking for verification or approval from others.  Reading what you wrote about the situation, personally I would send a card with best wishes.