Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a relative that leaves you scratching....

@NYC Susan Okay, I bet I'm going to be charged as wrong in stating it appears you have a strong desire to win in conflict? JMHO. Okay, bam, you win.  I'm no longer interested in having whizzing contests with you.  I hope this will be different on other threads, as I've enjoyed your comments elsewhere.  The fact is, you may be right that all is blissful.  I may be right that problems are brewing, OR maybe we're both a little right. One thing for sure, it becomes counterproductive to become overly invested in certain threads.    

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch wrote:

@NYC Susan Okay, I bet I'm going to be charged as wrong in stating it appears you have a strong desire to win in conflict? JMHO. Okay, bam, you win.  I'm no longer interested in having whizzing contests with you.  I hope this will be different on other threads, as I've enjoyed your comments elsewhere.  The fact is, you may be right that all is blissful.  I may be right that problems are brewing, OR maybe we're both a little right. One thing for sure, it becomes counterproductive to become overly invested in certain threads.    

This thread has apparently run its course overall, and I’ve already moved on.   Let’s just agree to disagree.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think I have ever met a person that doesn't have at least one person in their immediate or extended family that hasn't raised an eyebrow or two. I mean...people are people!  

Occasional Contributor

Yes, my sister!!! She leaves the entire family scratching our heads😎
Respected Contributor

I think we all do. I probably do things that they thingk are strange. I try to mind my own, it's easier that way.

Honored Contributor

usually someone who will spend 60 grand on her yard and cry about a 20 dollar part for her one and only toilet. she finds that her outdoor scenery is more important than her bathroom. why don't know. people have many quirks for each of us and many wonder why we did this or that and not the more efficent way to solve a problem. 

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 said "She puts all her money in a checking account, no savings account, or investment account.  She showed my sister a 6 figure check going into her checking account. God knows how much she has in there. My sister explained FDIC but didn't want to get into her finances."

If the  bank where her checking account is located is a member of FDIC, then her checking account is insured. Coverage for each account is only $25,000, but checking accounts are covered. 

Your sister explaining FDIC as if your cousin's checking account is not covered is improper. Investment accounts are not insured by FDIC. Checking account is a better choice, though it yields no or little interest.

I never express any opinion about how other people, especially (suspected) wacko relatives, use their money. If they ask, I might offer my view, but making me say Huh to myself is not a reason for me to make my opinion known. for many people making money decisions their guideline is not what does it cost, but what is it worth. Worth to them. No one else can answer that. 

It’s been ages since I looked up how much is covered, but I thought it was more than $25000. Are you positive?