Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a relative that leaves you scratching....

HA! HA!  YES!  My husband & I both have relatives that make us scratch our heads, but it will do me no good to go into details...I'll only get mad, so I'll just leave it alone.  We just live our lives as the three amigos (husband, me, puppy) and let the rest of them live as they please.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I saw a meme that said if you don't have a 'weird' (their words) person in your extended family -- it could be YOU. Ha. So, absolutely we have had a few odd ones. Two on my side of the family who have passed and one really strange one with husband's DNA. The really strange one is still living. We all walk around him and hope for the best. Glad to say we have some good people in my generation and great people two generations below me. They are awesome and its exciting to watch their lives unfold.       

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819    My I don't care comment was related to the poster who suggested she scratches her over me and what if she posted about me.

My answer stands. let her.  I don't care.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819   My I don't care comment was related to the poster who suggested she scratches her over me and what if she posted about me.

My answer stands. let her.  I don't care.

Sure.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I don’t really make a habit of gossiping about people. Who is to say what is odd?

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t really make a habit of gossiping about people. Who is to say what is odd?

@GenXmuse  It’s a goood point to bring up here. The point is that I don’t believe anyone who starts threads like these intends to do any harm. These forums are anonymous, so threads like this are just fun ways to discuss the human condition without anyone getting hurt. Those who say “mind your own business” or jump on the OP just don’t get it and are looking to be critical. It’s just meant to be innocent conversation and exchanges illuminating common human experiences.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

HA! HA!  YES!  My husband & I both have relatives that make us scratch our heads, but it will do me no good to go into details...I'll only get mad, so I'll just leave it alone.  We just live our lives as the three amigos (husband, me, puppy) and let the rest of them live as they please.

This is the perfect response.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I could care less what anyone does with their money.  You can choose your friends but are stuck with relatives.  However, you can make decisions if you want to be bothered with relatives.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Anytime it comes to getting money from someone in the family, relatives get odd. It's human nature for people to be jealous or envious of someones good fortune, no matter how much one thinks they are above that. You can talk all you want about her being irresponsible with money, but you have no control over how that adult spends her money. As long as she doesn't eventually expect you to take care of her, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Respected Contributor

Yes my aunt who is only 8 years older than me.  She bought a house which she cannot afford without the help of her live in boyfriend.  In fact he pays all the household bills.  She retired in May at age 60 yet he is 10 years older recently had a lung transplant and still works to pay the bills.  I guess I should be scratching my head about him;howver, she is contantly fightling with him and telling him to leave.  She  has also spent her money on a boat which she doesn't like riding in and this week she bought new living room furniture and a jeep replacing furniture and a jeep she bought less than two years ago. So she has no back up or savings to pay for the house if they did break up.