Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a relative that leaves you scratching....

Do I have relatives that leave me scratching my head? Well, of course. Everyone, no matter how special we think we are, does things that puzzle others from time to time.

As long as it's not illegal, doesn't pose a threat to anyone's health or safety and I'm not being asked or told to pay for it, it's none of my darn business. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Diva on The Q   I don't care if she keeps her money in a can buried in the backyard.  When she showed my sister a 6 figure check and the only account she has is checking my sister mentioned putting part in checking, some in a readily available savings account and invest the rest. Earn some interest for Pete's sake. She had no idea what my sister was talking about. 

Hey, if she's 80 and has no money left it's her problem.  But she'll have a nicely landscaped yard.  She can sit by her firepit and keep warm.

BTW, she never hesitates injecting her 2 cents in others lives. Knowing her she will look to a relative to help take care of her.

Why are you so angry and judgemental?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@BeautyLver   Hey, she can scratch her head over me anytime and if she wants to post about me go ahead. My life isn't all that thrilling thankfully.

Truth is I don't care.

Yes, you do care, otherwise you wouldn't post about it, especially with such vitriol.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think we question the decisions that friends and relatives make when we don't understand their rationale.  We can't get into other people's heads so sometimes we just don't "get it" when they behave in a way that we think irrational.  Like your cousin.  I have to admit, the older I get, the less I think about such things.  I'm sure I've done a few things that have made people go "huh????" to.

Honored Contributor

Live her life,pay her bills.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I wonder why so many relatives seem to bother you to the point that they do?  Our family is so precious to us that I guess we don't see continual flaws because we are just so grateful and blessed to have them 😘as many in this  world are so lonely.

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I suspect I'm the relative that makes all the others wonder.

@deepwaterdotter  High five! 😆

Honored Contributor

Well there are people that make me wonder what their rationale is. Specifically those who accumulate too much stuff. However if they are happy, stay out of debt,and don't bother anyone, I figure it is none of my business.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

"Thread title".  Nope!  Don't try to psychoanalyze anyone but myself, and that's pert nears a full time job.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Maybe she feels fixing up the exterior will have others think she's got everything in control.  It's what neighbors and those passing through will see, not her commode.  The unknowing would just assume she's carried such effort through her interior, too. Something to admire.  She sounds like she's searching for approval from the outside, of her home and herself.  There are some psychological dynamics at play here.  I hope she finds what she needs right now.