Honored Contributor

Do you have a regular 'me' day?

I try to have a 'me' day at least once a month.  It's for doing all the personal things that I love.  We have a place in town that has a beauty shop, massage parlor, just everything that makes us look and feel better.  Now, the full treatment gets expensive so I can't do that every month. Maybe in winter I just enjoy a day to read or watch movies.  DH can spend the day doing the things that make him happy.  I'm interested to hear how others like to treat themselves and feel special for at least a day every once in awhile.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a regular 'me' day?

@lucymo Sounds like a good idea! How wonderful. Heart

I always find something I think needs to be done (type A personality!), but really, is it that necessary that I have everything picked up every single day? So, I need to chill out and enjoy life more.

Honored Contributor

Since I retired, most days are "me days".  One of the luxuries I looked forward to while working for all those years. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  Yes, you do need to take a day and chill out.  We can save our money and you can join me for the beauty fix and the massage.  It's good for the spirit.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  You can still have that day when no one intrudes on your 'reviving' day.  Smiley Happy  Every retired person I know is busy because everyone thinks they have time and can do all the things that need to be done.  Enjoy your retirement and thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

Maybe not a whole day - but me time is getting my nails done every two weeks. I work from home so I get a lot of time to myself.
Honored Contributor

@lucymo Okay, sounds like a plan I want to be a part of! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Everyday is "me day" in my world.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Good for you.  Enjoy!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We have different schedules in our house so pretty much every day is Me Day.  I'm not one for going to do the spa thing or any of that, I'd much rather be home with my dogs and a good book.