Contributor

Re: Do you have a "she shed" or does one even interest you?

No, but I'm up for a his and her duplex.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 'she' space. When we moved, I only placed one of our two recliners in our new master bedroom and placed a pretty end table and lamp next to my recliner. It overlooks our big window and the TV is larger and to the left of my window. Both comfortably within view from recliner. Replaced wall decor with my style and found a lovely bedspread. Painted the walls a soothing, green/gray.  Hubs asked if I was going to add his recliner next to mine -- like we used to have it at the other house. I responded -- You share 160 acres of land and cabin with four of your friends and have basically taken over the finished walkout basement with your mega TV, leather recliners and office furniture. This is my 'she' space.

He smiled and gave me a high five and walked out of the room. Now, when I'm tucked away in the master bedroom, sometimes he bows before entering the room, and asks if 'm' lady' would allow him to enter the room. I'm okay with that, too. (Married to a character)     

It's my cozy space.         

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I had a gardening shed in back of my CA house.  These are common in areas that don't have basements.  

I didn't like to spend much time in it. It was too cold in the winter months and too hot the rest of the time 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli Diva Den-I love that! I guess that's how I should refer to my home.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a home office. 

Honored Contributor

i would LOVE to have a she shed, but it would also have to include a bathroom. we have a septic tank and i am not so sure how easy it would be to add that to our property.

#sunshinewantsasheshed

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We just have a shed. Should I be concerned that it refuses to announce a gender?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

No and no.

Honored Contributor

No I don't and the concept doesn't interest me. I do have a shed, it's used for storage. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have a she room. I love it. It's my own little space.  I watch my movies,craft,knit sleep.  Whatever.  We are both retired. It has saved my sanity