Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a "she shed" or does one even interest you?

@jeanlake 

He does sound like a very nice character.

I have one of the spare rooms in our home, refuse to be sent out to the yard!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a she shed. But I do like sleeping by myself in my sons old bedroom, lol.

I think it would just be an excuse for me to just have more junk, and I don't need that, honestly.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I have a 'she' space. When we moved, I only placed one of our two recliners in our new master bedroom and placed a pretty end table and lamp next to my recliner. It overlooks our big window and the TV is larger and to the left of my window. Both comfortably within view from recliner. Replaced wall decor with my style and found a lovely bedspread. Painted the walls a soothing, green/gray.  Hubs asked if I was going to add his recliner next to mine -- like we used to have it at the other house. I responded -- You share 160 acres of land and cabin with four of your friends and have basically taken over the finished walkout basement with your mega TV, leather recliners and office furniture. This is my 'she' space.

He smiled and gave me a high five and walked out of the room. Now, when I'm tucked away in the master bedroom, sometimes he bows before entering the room, and asks if 'm' lady' would allow him to enter the room. I'm okay with that, too. (Married to a character)     

It's my cozy space.         

Well done, like how you handled that!!

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@Kalli Diva Den-I love that! I guess that's how I should refer to my home.

@queendiva , Yes! However, yours would be far superior to mine, bein’ as you’re royalty! 😁😁😁👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 

Honored Contributor

Both my husband an I want a garden she for me out back.  I want it so I can get to all my gardening stuff.  He wants it to get all my gardening stuff out of the garage and then he can use that space.  He has his own man cave.  

The other thing I want is a greenhouse, but that's not going to happen unless he relents on a concrete pad to park his other car on.  His old Supra takes up the only spot in the yard that would work for a winter greenhouse sun-wise.

Respected Contributor

I just set up a man cave for my boy cat in the basement. He has a couch, rug, a litter box nearby, and I'll be hooking up the freezer soon, not that he can use it. He already spends most of the day on his little sofa. He graciously allows me and the two female cats to use the rest of the house, so we don't need a shed.

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I see those cute pictures I think ohhhh I could use one but I want a heater, insulation, electricity, half bath, microwave, refrigerator, bed for naps......then I realize I already have a house.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t want a She Shed but I do want a shed for all my gardening stuff. I hate going all the way to the garage to get what I need. It would be great to have everything handy @Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor

No, no she she or he shed.  We have a game room that doesn't get used much.  Occasionally, I will go down there and get some me time.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Like someone else said, my husband has his computer room in an extra bedroom, and I have a "She Den" in the other extra bedroom - complete with attached bathroom, walk-in closet, comfortable furniture, TV, all my favorite stuff.   And there's a lot of 'stuff' in here - I really need to declutter!

No, a shed out in the backyard does not interest me. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt