Honored Contributor

Do you have a gift that you're really excited about giving?

Most of my gifts, while nice (I think, since I picked them out- LOL), are just normal type gifts.  But, I'm giving a gift this year that I'm reallly excited about.

I ordered recipe cutting boards from Etsy.  The vendor takes a recipe, in the handwriting of your loved one and lasers it on to a cutting board.  They're SO nice.  I ordered a few for me and then one for my sister, with a few of our mother's recipes on it.  I gave it to her for her birthday a few weeks ago and she just loved it.  She got choked up.

I ordered some others also for my husband's family and a few for other family members on my side.  I hope they love them.  And a friend of mine ordered several and 4 recipients have already opened them and were thrilled with them.  Another friend ordered also.

Several vendors on Etsy offer this product.  If you're interested in seeing what they look like just search "recipe cutting board" on Etsy and you'll see them.

So...... is there a gift that you're excited about giving this year?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a gift that you're really excited about giving?

Normal stuff here this year, but your gift(s) sound wonderful.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Yes- especially the "To me, From me" gifts.  Cat LOL

Regular Contributor

I love when I find a special gift, it's such a great feeling.  I have found some great items on Etsy, your find sounds fabulous!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your recipe cutting boards sound just wonderful.  I want to check them out.

I have a couple.  One is a 60 X 80 throw I had made for my son-in-law at Shutterfly---it is four fabulous photos of his family--professional black and whites--with word LOVE in the middle.  He is a truck driver and misses his family a lot (will take them with him on his blanket while on the road).  I know he will love it and Shutterfly did a fabulous job.

The other one is kind of silly, maybe---but not to me. A couple weeks ago  I found an envelope in my gift paper bin of stick-on Christmas tags that my mom had sent me a few years ago to put on gifts for my daughter's family.  My mom passed away in 2009 and we all of course MISS HER terribly.  Anyway, I bought each member of that family a gift that I am SURE my mom  would have chosen.  They all will be without tags.  Then I took all seven tags, placed each one on a cut-out Christmas tree or Christmas stocking, scattered them on poster board in an 11 X 14 frame  with the title "Love Keeps on Giving".  So when they open the tagless gifts, I will ask them  to guess who they are from.  Then I will give my daughter the framed tags!!

KK

Honored Contributor

Yes, an infinity scarf printed with text from Alice in Wonderland for my book loving daughter.

It just so happens that Alice in Wonderland is her favorite book.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  The recipe cutting board sounds wonderful!  I just checked on Etsy and may order one for my sister.  I hope I could still get it in time for Christmas.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Most of my gifts, while nice (I think, since I picked them out- LOL), are just normal type gifts.  But, I'm giving a gift this year that I'm reallly excited about.

I ordered recipe cutting boards from Etsy.  The vendor takes a recipe, in the handwriting of your loved one and lasers it on to a cutting board.  They're SO nice.  I ordered a few for me and then one for my sister, with a few of our mother's recipes on it.  I gave it to her for her birthday a few weeks ago and she just loved it.  She got choked up.

I ordered some others also for my husband's family and a few for other family members on my side.  I hope they love them.  And a friend of mine ordered several and 4 recipients have already opened them and were thrilled with them.  Another friend ordered also.

Several vendors on Etsy offer this product.  If you're interested in seeing what they look like just search "recipe cutting board" on Etsy and you'll see them.

So...... is there a gift that you're excited about giving this year?

@gidgetgh

Oh my! What a wonderful gift. I'm sure I'd be emotional about receiving this as well. You really came up with a great idea this year.

Thanks for sharing and I'm headed over to take a look!

Honored Contributor

My donation of financial support to Warrior Canine Connection.  Our veterans deserve the love and assistance that these well-trained dogs provide.

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@gidgetgh  The recipe cutting board sounds wonderful!  I just checked on Etsy and may order one for my sister.  I hope I could still get it in time for Christmas.

@NickNack, you could message the vendor and see how quickly they could get it done. I ordered from two different vendors. One was extremely fast. One wasn't. What area of the country do you live in?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?