Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a ghost story to share?

Yay! I love these threads !

Respected Contributor

I've had lots of them, will share a few....saw a white haze above our home, knew my grandfather was dead & when I got inside my mom was on the phone getting the news...having dinner at a pizza joint with my husband a teenage girl entered with a blue glow above her head, I thought it was from a neon sign outside but the light stayed as she walked to the cashier at the back, I kept looking over wondering what it meant, if I should tell her but I didn't & she left...we were driving home from a long day at the zoo with our kids & my husband wanted to stop at a store but I said no too tired but as we got near the exit I had an awful feeling so I yelled get off, get off now so my husband exited the freeway, he was mad that I yelled but happy that I changed my mind & when we got back on the freeway there was no traffic at all because of serious accident....I bolted upright around 12:30pm & went to pickup the phone to call my husband vacationing in FL with coworkers but put the phone down feeling silly to bother him at the beach, I was notified later he drowned & went missing between noon & 1pm.  I have others, I don't understand any of it & kept what's happened to myself until now.

Super Contributor

We live in the Philly area and my sisters boyfriend  when she was in high school once  worked in a  very old restored restaurant that had apparently   been a hospital during the revolutionary war.  One night while he was closing (he was the only one left in the building) he heard heavy boots walking back and forth on the floor above him.  This was confirmation enough for him regarding rumors he had heard that the building was haunted!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I've had two.  The first one involved seeing my best friend, who died of cancer at 37.  She appeared at the foot of my bed in the middle of night a few days after she was buried.   She said she was Ok.  I had gone back to college in another town and wasn't able to see her before she died or go to her funeral.   I know it wasn't a dream.  I was glad she appeared because I was grieving her deeply. 

The other one happened as I was walking across a very busy intersection to get to my finals.  This beautiful young blond brushed against me as she was walking the opposite way.  I turned around and she was gone.  There was no way she could have disappeared like that.  It was a long intersection.  I told my friend, who worked on campus, and she told me there was a young student who was killed walking across the intersection a few years before. Maybe I was just stressed about Finals when I saw her.  

Super Contributor

My husband and I were alone in our apartment, we left bedroom door open and you could see living room from our room. It was the middle of the night and I woke up because I could hear the rocking chair. I got up and it was moving. 
another time the kids were sleeping and my husband and I were watching Tv. All of a sudden the faucet in the bathroom blasted open.

Third time I picked up the kids from my mom after work got to our home put the key into the top lock and turn the key to open then I put the other key into second lock and opened it when all of a sudden me and the kids heard the top lock close. I looked at my kids and I put the key again in the top lock and while I was opening it we heard bottom lock close again. I told my kids go to main floor and if I yell go get help. I was able to open both locks looked at all the rooms and there was no one in the apartment. All the windows were locked. My kids never saw anyone leave the building. 

Contributor

I love these threads too.  Every story is so fascintating.

Honored Contributor

I will tell my sister's FIL story because, mine is a bit private and I wish to keep it that way

My sister's FIL was a big strapping  Swede. He was also a cop in downtown Detroit during prohibition , so he has seen a lot, and was fearless.

When he was just a young child ,his family was going to rent a different house, but it was reputed to be haunted..His family were in the kitchen deciding on whether or not to rent. One of his brothers said ,I don't believe in ghosts. From out of nowhere, something spat right in his face. They all tore out of that house as fast as they could. He never forgot it, and always believed in ghosts.

Respected Contributor

Not me, but one time when my parents were house-hunting in a rural town, my mother climbed the steps of a house and saw a lumberjack with a big smile on his face, standing near a fireplace.  When she went to shake his hand, he was gone!

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl  trust me it happens. I won't say more than that

Honored Contributor

I'm highly intuitive.  I have a "knowledge" of things that will happen around me.  This started when I was around ten, everything has happened which I saw.  Thank goodness it doesn't happen often!Smiley Happy