Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a funny grade school story?

Same story as @blackhole99 Smiley Sad

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

It’s not funny but when I was in 5th grade I had my first male teacher. He showed every student in his class what it was to be a gentleman. Every single day at lunch he would pull out the chair for every one of his students. He treated the girls like gold and when the boys would act up he would put them in their place by grabbing their shoulders. Couldn’t get away with that today. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

When I was about 7 I was just about to move upstairs in our city elementary school where the "upper" grades were. That summer, my family moved to the country and I was in a tiny one-room schoolhouse until high school. I was really mad about that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty  Sounds like a wonderful teacher. The majority of mine were great. I still remember the names of all my teachers and you are right about even putting a hand on a shoulder today.  There was a male teacher in Jr.high that needed to change careers. It was 1963 or 64 and a boy mouthed off to him.  That teacher took 5 giant strides and slapped  him across the face. You could hear a pin drop.  I thought it was wrong then and still do. Yes, the kid was way out of line but suspend him for a few days

Esteemed Contributor

I was in 2nd grade & we had a mean teacher.  One day she took the 3 naughty boys to the art supply room where there was a paper cutter, colored paper etc.  She shut the door and we could hear her taking them one by one and cracking them over the rear end with a yard stick.  

Honored Contributor

I think I have posted this a few times over the years.

I was in 1st grade, my teacher (an old nun) gave us a homework assignment. We ,each child, was to go ask our dads/moms what they did for a living. My dad was very flippant and told me to tell my teacher (this old nun), he had pretty ladies sitting on his lap all day long and he ran after his secretaries. 

The next day, our teacher asked us each to stand up in front of class and tell our class what our dads and moms did. When I told my story, this poor ol’ nun was flabbergasted to say the least. She called my parents that afternoon. My mother was angry at my dad for telling me this hog wash story and to never ever let me tell a story like this again.

that was my funny story.

Respected Contributor

I was in 5th grade and we had a Man teacher. He was really out to lunch. He would tell us things like in graphic detail how drug addicts die, how he hurt his back working on a car and he would sew lace on the boy's undershirts if they weren't tucked in.    

Before he let us go for the day he would stand there and pontificate as we had to stand with our chairs up on the desks.  One time I was standing by a chair on which someone had drawn the outlines of a hiney.  My friend and I kind of lazily each drew 2 smaller round circles in the middle above each outline..

When we came into class the next day the teacher was livid!  He held up the chair and waved it around, demanding to know who had created the artwork.  My friend and I said nothing and no one else knew either, but we had to bite our tongues to keep from giggling...

Honored Contributor

This is embarrassing 😯. I was in about 4th grade...wore a dress to school.  Forgot  to put on my underwear.  Sounds like one of those nightmare dreams!  I still remember just wanting to go home all day. It was awful😄

Esteemed Contributor

My 5th grade teacher made us do push ups on the floor and we wore dresses. I wasn’t pushing  way up because my rear end was facing the class. She grabbed my sash which was tied in a bow to pull me up higher. I pulled the other end and she fell on the floor.

The whole class was in histories laughing at her.

She deserved it!

Respected Contributor

Another survivor of parochial school here!

I guess this isn’t really funny but I’ll never forget the day in 4th gr when our teacher finally got fed up with the misbehavior of Louis P. She called to the office, Principal (a nun) came to our room, dragged a chair to the front, sat down and proceeded to paddle Louis as he laid across her lap.  The rest of us sat with our hands folded, thanking God it wasn’t one of us.  😂😂😂

The next day Louis was gone, banished to public school! That was a fate worse than death according to the nuns!